Chapter 14

"Oh god, stop" Rin groaned placing her palm on her grumbling stomach that was demanding food.

"Let me see if I have something left " she was going through her shelf to see if there was anything remaining that she had magically forgotten to eat last week.

After her unsuccessful attempt to find anything to satisfy her hunger, she strolled back to her bed huffing in defeat. Drool was almost dripping down from her mouth as her mind dwelled towards the crispy fries she had abandoned in the kitchen trying to save herself from an unpredictable person. 

"My empty stomach wants foodies, my empty life wants Mochies~" she sang in her own made-up melody as she tried fixing her phone which had stopped working after Jungkook had dropped it on the floor.

"And a new phone...iii~" she forcefully rhymed the words.

"Oh yeah" and then finished morphing her finger like a rapper when a knock was heard earning her attention followed by Jungkook's voice, throwing her back to the panic state.

"Rin, You left your fries in the kitchen" Rin jumped to stand upright fixing her shorts to make it look a little longer.

"I'm coming in" Jungkook announced and before she could respond, the door swung open revealing Jungkook with a tray carrying fries and chocolate milk.

Rin composed herself to stand with a serious expression, just a way to mask the anxiety that was kicking inside her for having to share the same space with Jungkook.

"Your mom made chocolate milk for us" He informed stopping right before her.

Rin was hyperventilating not knowing what to do or how to react. The entire situation was wary but she tried to remain as neutral as possible. She didn't want to display the effect he had on her.

"Oh" she squeaked, her voice betraying her and giving off the real deal she was going through.

"Rin" Jungkook began in a low tone sending chills down her spins placing the tray on the table.

"Oh boy here it comes"  her inner self screamed and her eyes closed shut bracing herself to withstand his fury that would most probably cause her heart to fail in an instant.

"Why are you so afraid of me? I would never intentionally harm you" Rin peeked an eye open.

Jungkook was looking down at her with disappointment and hurt expression. Seeing her getting scared of him because of one incident that had happened in their childhood pinched his heart. In addition, she never understood his love for her and always took his affections as his lust when the truth was he was the first to fall in love with her.

Her body loosened up a bit but her heart took no name of slowing down. "Well umm," She cleared her throat massaging her neck to help herself relax a bit more.

"Honestly, I don't know how to act around you anymore" her head lowered to avoid his eyes contact.

"Am I no more your friend? was our relationship just limited to sex?" Jungkook's hand moved down to her chin and lifted her face up to make their eyes meet.

"Because for me you are a lot more than that, you are my family." He gave a faint smile then retracted his hand back noticing how uneasy she looked because of his touch.

"You are family to me as well" She confirmed then looked away immediately. For some reason, she could not bring herself to look directly into his eyes for more than a few seconds.

They remained in complete silence for a while but soon it got interrupted by her stomach which started to growl earning a howl of laughter from Jungkook scrunching his nose.