Chapter 18

The moment she realized she was shedding tears in Jungkook's arms, Rin pulled away cleaning her cheeks making Jungkook internally groan at the loss of their body contact. 

"I'm fine Guk, I need to go" Rin attempted to turn away but Jungkook caught her wrist with no intention of letting her go.

"He is the one who made you cry so let him come to you," Jungkook pleaded, holding on to her like his life depended on it not wanting her to go back to him. 

His chest constricted at the thought of her being in Jimin's arms. He would rather be buried alive than see her with someone else other than him.

"Relationship doesn't work that way Guk and He had every right to be mad at me, after all, I was the one who did wrong " She removed her wrist from his hands.

The look of dejection quickly appeared on his face hearing her talk about Jimin as though she belonged to him. Unseen to her, fury had already clouded his senses and he was just an inch apart from flipping when a hand snaked around her waist possessively and hauled her backward, pressing her back against the hard chest.

"She is right, we have every right to get mad at each other and I would appreciate it if an outsider would not get involved in this. We can resolve it on our own" Jimin casually warned Jungkook to stay away from their relationship.

Jimin couldn't exactly point his finger at it but something about the guy seemed off, urging him to stay alert around him. Plus the way he was holding Rin had already made Jimin discern he was a threat to their relationship.

Keeping aside his burning desire to strangle the guy, Jungkook manages to bring a smile to his face. 

"I'm not an outsider, Jimin-si, I'm her childhood friend" He corrected as his lips twitched involuntarily.

"A childhood friend? Isn't it weird? Rin had never mentioned anything about you before." Jimin replied nonchalantly as his grasp on Rin hardened. He didn't like the confidence Jungkook was emitting while talking about Rin even a bit.

"That was because I didn't want to fall under the radar of his fangirls. They would make my life a living hell," Rin was quick to defend Jungkook which was not at all appreciated by Jimin but highly relished by Jungkook.

He could sense his heart doing a victory dance seeing his queen support him against his greatest enemy.

"Whatever, this is between us, he is no one to speak in between " Jimin rolled his eyes and began to drag her away.

Looking back at Jungkook, she sent him a weak smile and mouthed sorry then followed Jimin in silence with her head lowered down. Getting into his car, they drove straight to his apartment without bothering about the classes they would probably miss.

Rin was hoping Jimin would speak to her but he remained tight-lipped concentrating solely on the road. Every minute or two, he would let out a frustrated sigh clutching the steering wheel harder to the point his knuckles went white. He was trying to control himself from doing or saying things he would definitely regret later on.

His silent treatment was piercing her heart like a sharp thorn and she was considering confessing her past relationship with Jungkook but had no idea where, to begin with. Seeing Jimin go bitter about the mere revelation of her friendship with Jungkook had her stressing over his ultimate reaction when their exact relationship would unravel in front of him.

When they reached Jimin's apartment, he stomped inside the bathroom without sparing a glance at her or uttering any words upsetting her further.

Feeling dishearted, Rin strolled into his room with her eyes glued to the floor while her mind skimmed for the things to say as she would shed the light on her shameful past.