Chapter 29

flashback

"Tell us Rin, was it Jungkook who pushed you?" Mrs. Jeon questioned Rin in a calm voice caressing her back in an assuring manner.

The memories of Jungkook pushing her down the stairs resurfaced in her mind and she shuddered unconsciously. The fall had resulted in a wound that required twelves stitches on her forehead.

Rin's eyes flickered to Jungkook glaring at her with red puffy eyes. Jungkook had always been possessive about the things that belonged to him so the amount of loath he had for her was clearly visible in his face as she was someone who had stolen his parents from him.

"Don't be afraid of him and tell us, if he was the one who hurt you he needs to be punished" Jungkook's eyes went wide in shock hearing his beloved mother's words. Until that day, She had not even raised her voice at him before but now because of the outsider that popped out of nowhere, she was willing to punish her only son.

His lips trembled and tears began to gush out non-stop from his eyes.

Rin was fumbling with her finger on her lap. The fall was painful but a part of her felt sorry for Jungkook. She could empathize with him as an outsider had come into her life in a similar manner taking away her father's love from her.

She rose her head slowly and gave her a faint smile.

"No we were playing and my leg slipped Guk didn't push me" Rin lied giving Jungkook the ultimate shock of his life. He thought she would not let this chance slip by her hand and eradicate him out of her way but to his utmost surprise, she lied and saved him.

Jennie let out a bothered sigh and stood up and directed her gaze to Jungkook. He was standing near the door showing her his big doe eyes filled with tears faking his innocence with ease.

"Stay with her, I will be back completing the discharge procedure" she then walked out of the hospital room.

Jungkook let out a sigh of relief then snapped his harsh eyes back to Rin. She had her head hung low, her long hair hiding her face. He couldn't understand why she had lied on his behalf but that didn't change his heart about the girl. He still hated her.

He was about to open his big mouth to yell at her when he noticed her small shoulder vibrating as she wiped the tears falling down her round eyes. Jungkook closed his mouth shut, trapping the cruel comments that had already reached his throats.

"Sorry" Rin whimpered and it was maybe the tenth time he got shocked today.

"I-I didn't mean to take your parents," she forced those words out in between her hiccups.

Jungkook stood still, feeling slightly guilty for his wrongdoings did but shrugging his emotions away, he acted tough crossing his arms.

"Whatever?" he scoffed and looked away even when his heart was turning fuzzy for some weird reason.

"Dont hate me, I...I" Rin was afraid, not because he might harm her if she would tell the truth but for losing the only source of comfort she had in her life. 

With her mother never giving her any attention and her father abandoning her, she only had Jennie. Rin knew getting in the bad side of Jungkook would eventually lead her to lose Jennie so she had decided to bear with him. After all, Jungkook was her son and in need, she would choose her son over her.

"I will do whatever you ask me to do, just don't hate me"

As though he was rooted in his spot, Jungkook continued to stay unmoved without forming a single word just gawking at her.