Chapter 25

Her feet pounded against the concrete floor of the never-ending dimly lit hallway as she sprinted away from the darkness crawling vigorously to consume her. She felt like screaming at the top of her lungs however nothing but a strangled cry erupted from her throat while her heartbeat frantically against her ribcage.

"My queen" His voice got louder signally that he was getting nearer.

Tears flowing down her chin, Rin picked her pace up regardless of the jarring pain shooting up from her ankles to her knees. She needed to escape. If he would catch her she knew her dignity would be butchered mercilessly leaving her body without a soul.

"I will never let you leave me" The dread that filled her body began to turn into venom making it suffocating for her to inhale the air.

"RIN!!!!" His booming voice made her snap back to discern the distance between her and her chaser when a strong hand gripped her from the front, earning panic to break within her.

"Got you"

"NOOO" Rin jumped to sit on her bed, crying and trembling hysterically.

"Rin" Jimin tried to touch her but she slapped his hand away and fell off the bed while continuing to whimper in fright. She could hardly perceive her surrounding since nothing but pure terror was controlling her body.

"It's me Rin, Jimin" He cooed in a soothing voice, stopping himself from breaking down along with her having to witness her paranoid state. Jimin carefully moved beside her, reaching his hand to touch her shivering figure.

"Jimin" her voice was barely audible as she rose her head to look into his eyes. Jimin gave her a pained smile, his heart tightening and twisting in all possible ways beholding her vulnerability.

Once her mind registered his presence, she launched into his arms which were the safest haven for her in the world.

"Jimin" She began to weep, clinging tighter into him and burying her face against his chest as he rocked her to and fro, crying simultaneously with her.

Her state was enough to explain what had happened, her condition was the biggest proof against Jungkook's lies. The purple bruise on her cheeks, her busted lips, skin peeling off her feet had hinted at his failure to protect his woman.

Jimin gritted his teeth, trying to keep the bubbling anger at bay and concentrate on handling the wailing girl in his embrace. Right now soothing her was everything that mattered. He would deal with the person responsible for her state later.

After spilling her emotions for hours, they sat side by side on the bed without uttering a single word, staring straight ahead aimlessly. The thick silence was shrouding Jimin's mind with different possibilities that might have occurred for Rin to be in that condition. In the back of his mind, he could guess what had happened but his entire existence was praying to god for it to be fallacious.