Chapter 2

Hi guys before you read, there are some errors, for some reason I have read over and correctes them. The spelling are accurate on my pages but not on the viewers, I have tried countless times to get it fixed but nothing... So sorry for the misspelling...

I arrived home and noticed Michelle sitting on my couch watching my tv and eating my food. Michelle and I have a weird relationship,  we are best friends every where but work, as I do not want that to compromise my work or hers, even though she always relies on me for everything.  We met our freshman year in college and have been inseparable ever since. She completes my sentences and make sure am emotionally happy, which is the best thing anyone can ever do for me. I dropped my gym bag and walked over to the couch, almost falling on her.

"Means your workout was good." She looks at me.

"Yes, but then I saw him, the gym was my escape, now I can't go anymore."

"You should have talked to him, workout with him." She said.

"No, I don't know what he wants."

"You." She replied.

"How would you know? " I looked at her she gave me those dough eyes when she has done something wrong, which causes me to get wide eyed.

"What did you do? "

"Nothing,  well he sorta asked me some questions about you today?" She said

"Questions?"

"Yeah about you, getting to know you and what you like stuff like that." She said

"I hope you said nothing."

"Well, I told him general stuff about your friday night drinking wine thing, your italian obsession,  and you controlling complex."

I rolled my eyes at her.

"You're the worst friend ever, you're suppose to have my back, if I want a relationship I would say so."

"You can't say if he is like the others,  you need to give him a chance, you may never know, plus he seems like he really like you a lot." She rebuffed.

" After one day?" I asked.

"Who knows?"

The next day at work,  my day was going smoothly until I was called into Mr. Ward's office, not knowing what to expect I went. His office was on the twentieth floor, penthouse. How lovely huge office with a beautiful view of the river.  His furniture we all brand new and beautiful.  A huge white rug in the center with a massive glass coffee table on it. He sat behind his oak wood desk staring at me. For some reason the room seem long and his eyes were watching me. I sat in front his desk.

"You wanted to see me?".

"Yes I was looking over your portfolio and I must say am quiete impressed,  graduated from Harvard top of your class, been working for the company for six years and now your junior, that's an achievement most people don't see until thirty. "

"What can I say, I work hard for that."

"For that I think you deserve to be rewarded with a celebratory dinner"

I smirked.

"Do you think I am stupid or something?"

He looks at me intrigued.

"No as your boss am telling you."

"I have never heard of it done to anyone else, its nice but no thanks. "

He gave me a stunned look. For two minutes it was a staring game until I looked away.

"Is this what you wanted me for."

Before he could answer in walks Nicole Games, young blonde, green eyed, twenty-nine year collegue. All bubbly.

"Hi sweetie." Ignoring me walks over to him and kissed him on the cheek. He tried to pushed her away but she was strong, I noticed this action in front me and got up, then Nicole notices me.

"Who is this?"

"This is Ally, she works in the accounting department."

Nicole looks at me clearly not threatened.

"Hi, nice to meet you"

We shook hands, " same here."

With that I left the office, what a dog I thought to myself. His girlfriend works with him and he's trying to bag me too.

The rest of the day went by smoothly, no drama, with exception of Michelle popping in every now and then asking about the meeting. That evening,  I went to a local bar for happy hour,  I enjoyed the time alone as it gave me time to think over the day and plan the next one. My mind kept going back to him, his eyes, his smile, everything. No sooner has my mixed drink arrived I drank it and asked the waiter for another. The waiter brought me the drink and sit it down. Thats when he came and sat next to her.

"Didn't someone tell you its a bad idea to get drunk mid week?" He said.

"Didn't someone say stalking is illegal?" I shot back.

I drank my drink and look at him.

"What do you want?"

"To talk." He replied. "I like you, I know it may be hard to believe but I do, I noticed you many of times but was too shy or nervous to say anything, its sudden for you but not for me. I see you at the gym, not at work that was my first time seeing you there. But I like you."

"Why?"

"Because you are different,  your ambitious, and strong. From what I see at the gym."

I smirk."I am black."

"I am actually not blind, I like that part."

"Like a fantasy, is that what it is?"

"No, I have dated black girls before, if  I wanted a fantasy I would have paid someone,  I just want to get to know you."

"What you want to know?" I don't know why but this drink is making me not defensive, which is bad I like being on guard at all times.

"Not like this,  I want a date."

"A date, what about that girl?"

"I will take you on a date and tell you everything. "

I smile. "I guess I will see you saturday."