chapter 23

The shock of Nicole committing suicide left a painful and shocking picture in my mind. I know a lot of people have gathered to look even Philip, but I couldn't bare to see her like that. No one deserved that no matter how much I didn't like her or wanted her gone but that wasn't the way I wanted it done. I sat in the living room as everyone around me fades out, I began to think what is so bad or what is the matter as to why she did what she did. How bad can Frank be, I didn't even realise when Philip was sitting next to me trying to talk to me.

"You need to stop worrying its not good for you or the baby."

"Does it matter, whatever happen now doesn't matter. " I reply.

"You need to stop saying that."

I began to cry, " you don't get it, you never do, he won't stop Philip, you see how much of a hold he has on her and you think he's just going to stop, just because you say so."

"Listen to me, there is nothing I won't do for you and if that means, fighting and dieing then so be it." He responded.

"Don't say that please, you know how much you mean to me, if you were to go I don't know what I would have done."

"Well same here."

He kissed my forehead, which calmed me down, then our eyes focused on Elisabeth and Jace playing,  it was so beautiful.  She was getting back some of the lost times she missed. I really had to think about my life and how different it would have been if I had not talked to Philip,  I know I wouldn't have been in this position,  but would I have been married or happy or better a mother. Life takes us in many different places but what we didn't plan on was this, and I love my family. We heard a knock at the door which alerted us, Philip and Elisabeth looked at me, then Philip got the door. It was his father.

"Dad what are you doing here?"

He walked over and sat next to me.

"Its your brother, he's dead."

We all looked at each other in shock.

"What?" Philip asked

"They found his body this morning in the river, close to the house." His dad said.

"Are you sure its him?" I asked.

"Yeah I had to identify him."

Elisabeth had Jace in her hand and walked over to us.

"That doesn't sound like him at all."

"It doesn't." Philip assured her.

"Well I don't think it was a prank either."

He got up and walked out.

"Something isn't right. " Elisabeth said.

"It doesn't, remember what Nicole said, he has people in his pockets, so I wont be surprised if he paid them off." I added.

"That sounds about right. " Elisabeth said.

" Well we can't dwell on that now, as of right now he is dead until further notification. "

Maybe he was dead, or maybe not as of right now I am relieved,  no Nicole or Frank.