Prologue

Prologue

Why should a promise be kept? How do I keep up a promise? Is it okay to break a promise? Do promises really meant to be broken?

Or...did you know that breaking promises can be bad for you?

Promise.

One word. Seven letters. Most people say "Promise is made to be broken." But, why did promise made if just it is meant to be broken and not to stand on that promise?

Promise is statement telling someone that you definitely do something or that something will definitely happen in the future.

A promise is when someone says things that is made to be done. Promise is the same with having a trust to someone for making them to do the things that even it is hard for them they must acquire and achieve that Promise.

A story of promises that prove promises even if it is too late they must stand on that promise.

Like the story of a man promises to his girl that even after all these years of chasing and running away.

Finally, he'd marry her. She stayed and hope and prayed and wait to the man of her dreams that will come back.....someday.

Like a soldier who is in the middle of the battle against war,and promise to the other soldier whom he left the soldier that he will going to bring back to that soldier.

Like a mother who promise to her child that she will come back to her.

Like a child who promise that he will come back for his dog, para tanggalin iyong tali sa leeg niya.

Like a boy who promise to his father that he will not do the same mistakes again.

That promise prove that even it lasts a years to achieve that promise you must stand on it and never break that promise.

I believe in promises.

The promises you make to somebody and the promises that somebody makes to you are a sign of love, trust, commitment.

If it is broken, it can really be hurtful and destructive. It can hurt a person's reputation, friendships and integrity.

As a teenager making my way through college. I have found out that making promises is a really common thing.

People use promises for many reasons. They compete for popularity, gossips and say things they shouldn't because they are hurtful, untrue or used to get something.

Some of the promises people ask of me may seem like a good conversation starter or to a temptation to tell other people what I hear.

Before I act upon a promise... I think what if a promise I asked someone to hold onto was thrown around and toss in the air.

I tell myself I have to believe in this promise and to commit to it. They are asking something of me, and it should be taken as an honor.

Kaya nanatili ako sa pangako niyang iyon.

That he will stayed, no matter what... That he will never lose me, that he will never hurt me...that he'll never leave...but he left.

I promise that I stay... Kaya kahit nasasaktan na ako ay hindi ako umalis. Dahil iyon ang sinabi ko. Hindi dahil nangako ako sa kanya, kundi dahil mahal ko siya.

He was my first love...and I promised him that he'll gonna be my last.

He promise after graduate he'll marry me.

He promise our future together...he promise my life for him. He promise he will gave the world to me.

Kaya sino ba naman ako para umangal sa pangakong iyon. Sino ba naman ako para tanggihan siya?