11

harpreet was her name. the new girl. and the news swept through the halls and cafeteria. trinity was looking forward to eating lunch but got stopped by nurse emma and now they were talking.

"so, we gotta talk about your medication." she started. "why? i've been taking them." trinity lied. "trinity, don't lie to me. i've been looking at your pills and i've counted. the numbers stay the same." emma shook her head. trinity balls her hands in fist, her nails digging deep into her palm. causing blood to seep through her hands.

nurse emma looks down to a small pools of blood on each side of trinity, and drops of blood falling ever so slowly.

"trinity! why do you do that to yourself?!" emma exclaimed, quickly getting up and making her open her palms. "i don't feel pain." trinity mumbled. nurse emma started to clean her nail marks and wrap bandages around them. then she slipped gloves on to her hands. "these are for if you ever feel like you want to do that again."

trinity sighed before nodding and grabbing her stuff, then she headed to lunch.

"trinity! over here!" jack called for her as he was surrounded by his close friends. not her close friends, his. her only close friends were him and maddie. she had been in a patted room for a couple of days because of her ptsd.

she thought about siting over there, then walked to her normal lunch spot.

meanwhile the conversation at jack's table was about trinity. "she's lowkey cute." corbyn smiled, whistling after.

"does she always do that?" jonah rolled his eyes, while crossing his arms. jack nodded his head, "it's her bipolar talking. she used to be a happy, funny girl. but now she has no interest in doing anything."

"kinda like daniel." zach laughed. "zach!" jonah exclaimed. zach scooted farther down his chair. "sorry, daniel."

"it's fine. trinity doesn't have depression and a bipolar disorder does she?" daniel asked. "no, her bipolar disorder make her have mood swings. but really sad mood swings. yesterday i got to hear her laugh for the first time in a while." jack beamed.

"whoa look." zach pointed towards harpreet taking to a wall. "trinity was right. she really is mental."

harpreet looked in their direction and smile, waving before turning back to the wall continuing her imaginary conversation.

"is that the girl you said you were gonna hit up, zach." corbyn laughed, snapping a couple of times. "corbyn! now is not the time." zach blushed a little.

"hi!" a small voice came from the head of the table. harpreet had introduced herself to a couple of guys she had never met and she was proud of that. "i was just talking to my friend connor. he's super nice. anyway i'm new here and i'm in hall b." she smiled widely. "damn." zach cursed. zach was in hall d, across the building.

"have you met trinity yet?" jack asked her. harpreet looked back at trinity who was picking at her gloves nurse emma put on her. "yeah, she introduced me to nurse emma. you know she's a really nice lady. i'm happy she's my nurse." harpreet beamed with happiness.

the guys were really shocked, they had never met someone with this much energy and happiness in a mental hospital. something was definitely wrong.

"hartpreet!" a strong voice yelled. harpreet turned back to see her mother. "mom?" she whispered. the guys looked at her confused. she started pleading that her mother would take her home, all while the boys were staring at her. harpreet has stopped and turned back to look at the guys, she had dried tear marks on her face.

"i'm sorry if my mom scared you, she doesn't like me very much. but don't mind me. don't mind me at all." she whimpered