32

The wheels of the plane had finally touched down- we were in Portland. As everyone was getting of the plane down the stairs Shawn had peered down to me and had realised that I was shivering (most likely because of the ice that had been on my cheek twenty seconds prior) so he had offered me his hoodie- just like he did in Oberhausen. I felt the warmth of his black hoodie absorb me as he pulled me closer into his chest. I began to hum aftertaste to myself as he began to gently sing next to me, peoples heads turned as they looked at in questioning tones. Soon enough we finished "and the aftertaste" rolled out of Shawn's mouth effortlessly, as we were stepping onto the runway people erupted into cheers as I began to notice they were filming us as phones were being put away, "thank you" Shawn and I said in unison, both of us giggling.

We arrived at the hotel, and we were putting our stuff into the room, just as Andrew entered "check twitter" he said quickly before adding "Rein can I ask to you outside please?" he questioned as I looked over to Shawn as he signalled me to go "alright" I nodded and followed him into the corridor. There was a silence for a few seconds until Andrew had said "Fifth Harmony have broken up, I'm sorry buddy" he gave a half-hearted smile to me as I scrunched my eyebrows up, "what do you mean they've broken up?" I questioned as he placed his hand on my shoulder "they've broken up" he said in a monotone voice "they've decided to go as solos, so I guess that means you're here to annoy Shawn and I some more" he smiled lightly as a small smile came to my face. Although touring with them would have been a dream, the state that Shawn was in, I couldn't have left him- it would have broken my heart to pack my bags and go places without him.

I pulled the door handle down of the room, casually walking in over to Shawn "what was on twitter?" I questioned as he said that the videos of us singing today was trending, I sat stood directly in front of Shawn who was sitting on the edge of the bed, "Good news Shawn, Fifth Harmony broke up" he looks at me confused "what do you mean they've broken up" his eyebrows scrunched up "and how's that good" his facial expression was the same as mine when Andrew had told me "they've broken up which means I can stay with you for the rest of the tour" I smiled as his face changed from confused to happy- a massive smile crept on his face as he stood up, pulling me into a hug and then proceeding to pick me up and spin me around as both of us erupted with laughs. He lets me down gently to the floor "I'm so happy- well not happy that they've broken up but happy I don't have to leave you" his hand rests on the back of my neck, he then gently pulls me into his chest as I smile wrapping my arms around his torso. We stood like that, with a comfortable silence for a couple of minuets, eventually, he pulled away, glancing down to me with a grin on his face. He picked me up by my legs and threw me on the bed behind him, "I love you" he whispered as he climbed next to me, grasping my waist "I love you too" I beamed,

"even if you do make me hit my head off arm rests".

"It gets lonely when theres no one to talk to, but its good to know that somebody cares" Shawn gently sings as I wake up from my slumber. "Did you miss me that much?" I giggle as he turns around, rolling his eyes "of course I did, you were sleeping for like, years!" He exaggerated as I scooted over to grab my phone from the side table "it wasn't that long" I looked at the clock, said 8:29pm "well... maybe I lied, it was quite long" I put my phone down as I crawled over to Shawn who was sitting on the end of the bed, draping my arm over is shoulders. "I'm in the mood to write a song, do you want to help?"

After three hours was up, we had already written two songs- a collaboration for Shawn and I for his new album that hadn't came out yet and a song for my album: Like To Be You and imagine. A knock was heard at the door as Shawn waddled over with his guitar in his hand, opening the door for Andrew to walk in "I've just heard you've written new songs, can you let me listen?" he questioned as Shawn and I nodded together, Andrew pulled a chair up from the table in front of the bed and Shawn came and sat back next to me. "Like to be you first?" I raised my eyebrows at Shawn as he agreed. "don't cry- or do whatever makes you comfortable" he sang as he began to strum his guitar.

"Ok that was very good guys- I'm impressed" Andrew clapped for both of us as he turned his attention over to me "next song" I saluted him as Shawn prepared his guitar, "step up the two of us, nobody knows us" I continued to the chorus "imagine a world like that"

"I'm very impressed, guys" he flicked his eyes between both of us, "I'll schedule you into a studio as soon as possible" he stood up "good night guys, get some rest you've got a big day ahead of you tomorrow, especially you Shawn" he acknowledged us both as he walked out of the hotel room and presumably back into his own.

Shawn was busy taking a shower as I began to brush my teeth next to the curtain he was behind, his angelic voice rang out with one of his new songs "why" and it really astounded me to how I got this man; not only is he a lyrical genius; he's genuine and humble; and he cares about his fans more than anything. Shawn stepped out of the shower with a towel around his waist as he hummed the melody into my ear, some water from his hair dripped on me as I smiled and turned around to him with my toothbrush in my mouth, he laughed lightly as he kissed my forehead, "lets get to sleep".

---------

Don't forget my new book is out now, so please give it a read :)

Many thanks,

George <3