26

I begin to cry. Tears streamed my face. My vision was blurred as I rock myself back and forth on the floor. "What's wrong, baby?" He questioned as he hugged me, "she's found me" I whimper to him as he tilts his head to the side like a lost puppy, "who has?" He questions as I raise my eyes to look at him, "my mother, dear god, what am I going to do?" I question as he scowls, "it's your mom, why don't you want to see her?" I shiver as he holds me in his arms, "do you ever wonder why I ran away from home?"I question him as he shook his head, "no, not particularly" I sign as I hold his head in my hands,

"you have to promise not to get mad".

Shawn was mad. Angry. Ballistic- I was quite scared. "Why didn't you tell me?" He whispered as his lip quivered and his eyebrows scrunched up, I sigh as I examined his face, looking at all of his features, "I didn't think it was necessary" I tilt my head down towards my lap, until he lifts it back up so I'm looking in his brown eyes. "I love you, and I don't want you getting hurt" he kissed me gently then proceeded to pick me up and put me on he bed. We were in a comfortable silence until there was a loud bang on the door- one similar to the ones at the house. I grab Shawn as he cuddles my head into his chest, mumbling that it's going to be ok.

The banging had continued; profanities were being thrown left right and centre and I had no clue what to do. Shawn had blocked the door with a dresser and a bed but it was getting kicked and punched even more. Shawn signalled me to hide, so, I climbed into a cupboard and squeezed in there. I peeked through the crack in the wood; the bed and furniture had returned to normal, and Shawn had opened the door. Silently crying, I continued to watch. He pulls the door handle down and opens the door slowly, only to be met by my mother. "Where is she?" She barged into the hotel room, almost grunting. "Where's who?" He questioned, "ma'am, this is an invasion of privacy and breaking and entering- I'll call the police if you do not leave right now" he added calmly picking up his phone. "Where. Is. She." She paused in between words- more tears began to flow down my face- "who?" Shawn questioned, "that brat." I quivered of her words- how belittling she is towards me, how awful and disgusting she is. "I'm sorry, it's only me in this room, so now I'm asking you for the final time to leave" he glared at her, slowly shuffling towards her as she walks closer, "I know you're marrying my daughter" she smirked as I gasped accidentally; "shit" I cursed under my breath. "She's here" she began to come over to where I am, just as Shawn picks up his phone dialling presumably the police. She pulls open the door where I'm behind and latches onto my hair, yanking me out as I let out cries of pain, "get off her" Shawn shouts pushing my mom and grabbing me and pulling me close to his chest, "she's my property" she snarled grabbing my arm as I wriggle it out of her grasp, "I will never ever be yours- you're the worst mother anyone could ask for, Sharon" I spit my words out at her as she scrunches her nose up in exasperation. "Come here you tramp" she launches herself at me as I back up, making her fall on the ground, just as the door opens and a swarm of police officers flood in.

"Miss Cerny, Mr Mendes" the police officer was asking for out statements, I had told them about my up-bringing and how I had been abused mentally and physically throughout my teenage years and had finally plucked the courage to get away and leave. "If you choose to press charges it will mean you would have to come to the sentencing of both Mrs Frank and Mr Frank" the officer explained as I turned to Shawn, "are you going to be pressing charges?" He questioned scribbling his pen across his notepad,

"Yes, I am pressing charges".

Andrew scurries over to me, embracing me in a hug. "Are you ok?" He questions releasing me, "yes I'm fine" I smile as he nods towards Shawn, "are you ok?" He asks as Shawn also nods, "we're fine" he smiles over to me, "we need to be secretive about this, ok?" Andrew looks at both of us and we both agree, "after the trial and stuff I'll come out with a statement to the press and stuff" I look down at the ground playing with my ring on my finger, "good idea" Andrew clapped, walking out the room.

Shawn had rented out a pod in the London eye to make me feel better, and to be honest, it was working like a charm. I was enjoying spending time with him because he made me genuinely happy and he supported me in every way possible which was a bonus. I don't think I've ever loved someone as much as I love Shawn.

We stand waiting for a picture in the pod as Shawn grabbed my face and kissed me and a camera shutter was heard, I smiled as we exited, Shawn excitedly meeting some fans that had been waiting for us to come down. We took pictures with every single one of them until I got a question from one of them asking about the ring on my finger. I flared red as Shawn kissed my cheek, "I want everyone to know, so tell them" he whispered in my ear as I looked at him funny "you sure?" He smiles at me, "when am I never not sure" he cheekily retorts to me,

"Shawn and I are engaged"