29

I had decided to rent out a few movies for Shawn and I's final day in London until we jet off to the other side of the world for his Northern America tour. Shawn had his arm around my waist as we sat with a blue popcorn bowl on our legs that were meshed together. We played Rock Paper Scissors for the first movie- it was either my favourite movie clueless (an obvious choice) or Shawn's top pick: the nightmare before Christmas- (which baffled me because it's the middle of June). Shawn had won so we watch the nightmare before christmas- it got me in the mood for christmas (I don't quite know why, it was thirty celsius outside and there was no chance it was going to snow). We sang along to all the songs, belting all of the lyrics out- it had ended with both of our throats being sore, but it was definitely an experience. By now I was sitting on Shawn and my hair was frayed across his chest as his arms wrapped around me, cuddling me as he rested his chin on my shoulder. I turned my head towards him as he kissed me gently- just as they used to be.

There was a change in Shawn- he was bubbly again, I have came to the conclusion that when he is carefree and not overthinking things, his anxiety is dismal- nonexistent even. His words get into his head when he's overthinking like a poignant scent beating down on his brain, poisoning and restricting him. It's my duty as not only his fiancée, but as a decent human being to loom after him and make sure he doesn't go into a stage where he's overthinking. Taking his mind off things would definitely help him a lot more than beating down on it. I wanted Shawn to last like this forever, he seemed so happy and content, it filled my heart with glee and content.

For the second movie Shawn was courteous enough to let me pick. I had chosen Harry Potter and the philosopher's stone- a fan favourite by Shawn and myself. Shawn had decided it was a good idea to order room service so we ended up with piles of food ranging from nachos to steaks. I, of course at all but one of the nachos (which I saved specifically for Shawn) as he devoured all of the chocolate cake and saved me a crum, also his muffins had slowly went missing- I looked over to him to see his cheeks filled as tiny specks of cake and muffin fell out. I giggled as I crawled over him and squished his cheeks which made him spit all of his mixture of muffin and cake onto my white shirt- a gloopy blob of saliva filled chocolate and blueberries slumped down my chest as Shawn suppresses his laugher. My mouth hangs open as Shawn sees my face and darts for the bathroom- I storm after him shouting for him to come back, he locks the door as his constant chuckles subside from the other side of the door.

It had been a while since Shawn had locked himself in the bathroom- I had changed my clothes and was currently sat in my Shawn Mendes shorts with my Shawn Mendes hoodie. Eventually Shawn peered his head around the corner of the door, checking to see if i would come after him. I smiled, waving him over, open arms. He giggles and runs over to me, tackling me into a bear hug as he squishes my head into his chest, and putting his nose to the top of my head. By now I had forgotten what happened earlier- all I cared about was that I was in his arms, back in my comfort zone.

We had watched two other movies- thirteen going on thirty and definitely, maybe. We sat curled up together as Shawn's arms were wrapped around my waist- his legs were next to mine as I sat in between him. I turned around onto my stomach, perching on my elbows and stared into his beautiful brown eyes. I really love you. I smiled as I knew that I was the luckiest woman on earth- Shawn is beautiful inside and out and I'm so thankful I met him. Shawn tilted his head down as he lifted my chin up and slowly drew me into a sweet kiss. He left trails of butterfly kisses on my cheeks and finally finished with one on my forehead. It made me feel safe- wanted and loved. He's all I've ever wanted and needed.

I had fallen asleep on Shawn- my arms were sprawled across him, both reaching up to his shoulders as I laid on top of him. My head was nuzzled into his collarbone as he laid peacefully, his gentle breathing was in sync with mine and I could feel his heartbeat on my chest- it made me feel a genuine connection more than anything we had before. Being with Shawn made my day- he was everything. He was the whole package and I loved it.

My heart was racing as I wriggled around- that was the worst nightmare ever- I thought to myself as Shawn grabbed my forearms and shook me- a single tear cascaded down my face as I looked up to him wrapping my arms around his neck as I snuggled myself into him to escape the brutality of the nightmare I had just experienced. Shawn gently rubbed my back as he inched me closer to him. I feel him look at me as I slowly open my eyes. Shawn wipes my eyes as he looks at me with worry in his eyes. He asks me what's wrong and why I was crying. I told him all about my nightmare and what had happened- he was lost for words. All he could do or say was wrap me up in his arms, one arm around my shoulders, one on the back of my head stroking my head as he soothed me and calmed me down.