History lesson

Adam's: POV

"Good morning students!" said John. "Good morning Mr. Williams!" we replied. He was looking at me and I swallowed nervously. "I don't think I've seen you before!" he said.

"This is Adam, he's new here!" replied Tommy. "Welcome to our school!" said John. "Thank you!" I replied. "Today we'll talk about the 1800s, the lovely Victorian era!" he said. "Such a wonderful time!" I replied. Everyone was looking at me. "I mean, I can imagine!" I said.

"We will do a theater here at the school about a tragic masquerade ball!" replied John. "What happened?" asked a guy.

"Queen Mary and King Henry's eldest child fell in love with a farm boy and it was strictly forbidden. Their son would marry a king so he could take over the throne. They met each other again at the masquerade ball, but his true love met a tragic end. The prince's father let him be executed, their son took his life after that!" I said.

"Forbidden love, Romeo and Juliet, it's good to have imagination!" repiled John. "All I have told is true, it was a heartbreaking tragedy!" I said sadly. "Let's contiune with the lesson!" replied John.

***

I walked to the library later in the day. I found a history book. I sat down at a table and began reading.

I found a chapter about the masquerade ball. I saw a photo of Thomas and a tear was rolling down my cheek. "I miss you!" I said.

Adam was sent to the future as a punishment. But he doesn't know if he ever can return back to his time.

I hope you liked the chapter.

~CharlieGlambert~