two

Sally and Hermione knew each other because of Hogwarts

Sally and Hermione knew each other because of Hogwarts. Hermione had caught Sally singing by the Black Lake in the middle of the night in her fourth year.

Sally saw Hermione and stopped singing. Hermione apologized and was about to leave, but Sally asked for her company. That was how they started talking.

While Jane was a Slytherin and Kimberly was a Hufflepuff, Sally was a Gryffindor. She had the opportunity to get to know Hermione. The two got close to each other.

Things started slow. At first, there was the occasional hand grazing, or the "there's something in your hair" excuse, or the "I need help with this class" excuse. Then, it escalated to the brief hand-holding, or the unnecessary compliments, or the occasional cheek kissing with the excuse that "all French people do it."

None of the Hex Girls were part of the Order of the Phoenix until Kimberly joined first in her seventh year at Hogwarts. Sally joined after because of Kimberly and Hermione complimenting her magic abilities. Jane wasn't in the Order because they didn't quite trust her. Jane was close to Pansy, whose family was close to Voldemort.

No one at Hogwarts had ever seen two girls liking each other before. It was something that wasn't tackled about in their society. Most students were supportive of Sally and Hermione.

Some students hoped Sally would be able to knock Hermione down a few pegs, while some were hoping Hermione would knock Sally down a few pegs. Hermione was too much of a know-it-all, which infuriated a lot of people. Sally was too confident in her own talents, which angered some girls.

The two were good for each other. They supported each other while trying to fix their insecurities. The two weren't in a romantic relationship because they had never said anything about. They implied a lot of things, but they never went through with it because Sally had graduated and Hermione was helping Harry solve mysteries again.