nineteen

Sally was taking care of Hermione after the incident at Malfoy Manor

Sally was taking care of Hermione after the incident at Malfoy Manor. Fleur was helping the most by tending to the injuries, but Sally was there for moral support. Hermione didn't mind. She liked gazing dreamily at Sally's face as Fleur healed her arm. Fleur left soon after healing her, leaving the two lovebirds alone in the room.

Hermione was lying in bed, while Sally was sitting on a stool beside the bed. They were holding hands. Hermione's eyes were dropping, but she forced herself to keep them open.

"If you're tired, you should sleep," Sally advised. "I'll be here when you wake up."

Hermione weakly smiled. "I don't want to sleep. I'd rather not close my eyes and see black again."

"The color or the lunatic?"

She softly chuckled. "Both. I just want to talk to you - like this."

The two stared at each other. Sally squeezed Hermione's hand. She brought her other hand forward and brushed some hair out of Hermione's face.

"Did you know that you're beautiful? Absolutely beautiful," Sally commented. "Anyone would be blind to not see that."

"You're beautiful as well. Magnificent, really. I don't deserve someone like you," Hermione said.

"Why, because I'm a Pure-Blood? None of that matters. It only matters if you fancy me and I fancy you in return. So, do you fancy me, Hermione?" Sally asked. "But you don't have to answer now. I'd rather you rest."

"I do. I do fancy you, Sally, but I'm not sure if a relationship during a time like this is the best."

Sally nodded. "If that's what you wish. I'll always respect your wishes."

"Well, I only said I wasn't sure. I didn't mean I didn't want to enter a relationship with you. It would be very nice. It's been two years since I've adapted a crush on you. Maybe it's time I act upon it."

"Are you saying what I think you're saying?" Sally asked.

Hermione faintly smiled. "Yes, I would like to be your girlfriend if you'll take me."