twenty-five

Harry had found and destroyed the diadem, the Order was at Hogwarts, Hermione stabbed the chalice with a Basilisk fang, and Voldemort ordered Nagini to murder Snape in order to possess the Elder Wand

Harry had found and destroyed the diadem, the Order was at Hogwarts, Hermione stabbed the chalice with a Basilisk fang, and Voldemort ordered Nagini to murder Snape in order to possess the Elder Wand. That was all in less than an hour.

Now, the fight had begun. People were fighting Death Eaters everywhere. Sally had lost track of Hermione, and Kimberly lost Ron amidst the chaos. Jane and Pansy were side by side, fighting the Death Eaters.

"Does anyone know where Hermione is?" Sally asked.

Kimberly shook her head, sending a Hex at a Death Eater behind Sally. "Off with Ron and Harry, trying to find the last of the Horcruxes, I presume."

Voldemort's voice reverberated from the walls and floor. He made sure everyone would hear his voice, and it sent chills down everyone's spines.

"You have fought valiantly. Lord Voldemort knows how to value bravery. Yet you have sustained heavy losses. If you continue to resist me, you will all die, one by one. I do not wish this to happen. Every drop of magical blood spilled is a loss and a waste. Lord Voldemort is merciful. I command my forces to retreat immediately. You have one hour. Dispose of your dead with dignity. Treat your injured. I speak now, Harry Potter, directly to you. You have permitted your friends to die for you rather than face me yourself. I shall wait for one hour in the Forbidden Forest. If, at the end of that hour, you have not come to me, have not given yourself up, then battle recommences. This time, I shall enter the fray myself, Harry Potter, and I shall find you, and I shall punish every last man, woman, and child who has tried to conceal you from me. One hour."

The girls all glanced at each other with horrified expressions on their faces. They were all counting on Harry now. It was the endgame.