ten

The Hex Girls were performing on the stage

The Hex Girls were performing on the stage. People were either dancing or eating at the tables. Ron was gawking at Kimberly as Hermione predicted.

But Hermione wasn't in any place to scold or tease Ron. She was also staring at Sally with a bright look in her eyes. It was as if the stars had suddenly entered the room and that was all Hermione could see.

Everyone was enjoying the music, feeling themselves loosen up at the sound of Sally's voice. It was a happy occasion with much laughter. Nothing could ever go wrong. Hermione felt as though tonight was her chance to talk to Sally about how she felt. It was a wonderful idea. She would possibly enter a relationship with Sally on the night of a wedding.

Sally's gaze was floating amongst the crowd, looking at the expressions on people's faces and how they were dancing with their loved ones until she landed on Hermione.

Hermione was fanning herself with her hand. "I simply can't dance anymore," she quietly panted, moving off the dance floor and into the seat next to Harry, slipping off one of her shoes and rubbing the sole of her foot. "Being on that dance floor has suffocated me."

"Although, you seemed to be enjoying yourself," Harry commented. "I'm sure looking at Sally is hard work."

Hermione rolled her eyes, gently smacking Harry's shoulder. "That wasn't all I was doing. There was some dancing involved."

At that moment, something large and silver through the canopy over the dance floor. The lynx gracefully landed lightly in the middle of the astonished dancers. Then, the Patronus's mouth opened wide and it spoke in the loud, deep, slow voice of Kingsley Shacklebolt.

"The Ministry has fallen. Scrimgeour is dead. They are coming."