fifteen

"And now," said Harry as he broke away from the hug with Ron, "all we've got to do is find the tent again

"And now," said Harry as he broke away from the hug with Ron, "all we've got to do is find the tent again."

It was not hard to find the tent in the darkness. Harry and Ron had each other's company. After Ron destroyed the Horcrux with the sword of Gryffindor, they caught up a bit.

Once they reached the tent, Hermione was fast asleep, curled up under her blankets, and did not move until Harry said her name several times. She stirred, then sat up quickly, pushing her hair out of her face.

"What's wrong? Harry? Are you all right?" she asked.

"It's okay, everything's fine. More than fine. I'm great. There's someone here," he answered.

"What do you mean? Who - "

She saw Ron, who was holding the sword. Harry backed into a shadowy corner, slipped off Ron's rucksack, and attempted to blend in with the canvas. Hermione slid out of her bunk and moved like a sleepwalker. She stopped in front of Ron with parted lips and wide eyes. Ron gave a hopeful smile and half-raised his arms. Hermione launched herself forward and started punching him.

"Ouch - ow - get off - What the - ?"

"You - complete - arse, Ronald - Weasley!" She punctuated every word with a blow.

Ron backed away until he was out of the tent. Hermione followed after him and so did Harry.

"You crawl - back - here - after weeks and - where's my wand?"

"Hermione!" Harry exclaimed. "Calm - "

"I will not calm down!" she screeched. "Give me back my wand! Give it back to me!"

"Hermione, will you please - "

"Don't you tell me what to do, Harry Potter!" she screeched. "You left me! You know how I felt - how I feel about not knowing where Sally is, and you up and leave? How could you do that?"

"I know," Ron said. "Hermione, I'm sorry. I'm really - "

"Oh, you're sorry! You come back after weeks - weeks - and you think it's all going to be all right if you just say sorry?" she asked.

"Well, what else can I say?" Ron shouted. "Do you think I can bring Sally here? Do you think I don't want to know where she is as well? Merlin, I haven't seen Kimberly in weeks - months! Do not think you're the only one suffering, Hermione, because I miss Kimberly as all hell."

Hermione was silent at that, but she was still breathing heavily. She clenched her fists before turning around and stomping back into the tent.

"Good one, mate."

"Shut up, Harry."