10

Dylan,

I don't really want to send you the Top of the Pops recording, but if you insist....well, I'm sure you already saw that I included it.

That being said, I want a photo of you and your painting that's on display in return. But don't think this means you're not showing me more of your work when I visit!

And, yes, I suppose you're right in that it was still a good way to get our name out there. Hopefully things will pick up because of it!

And when I say I didn't hit the drums, I mean it. I haven't watched the video, so I'm not entirely sure if you can see, but I'm not joking.

I didn't assume all you did was talk about me- "don't get too cocky!" Haha! I really only hang out with the boys these days, so it's not like they don't know who you are, but I've mentioned random things you've said before too. Oh, and it came up for a second with my sister a little while ago!

You said it was because I wasn't flirty that you weren't either...does that mean I should be next time we see each other? Not that I really care what your answer is because I probably will be anyway, so be prepared aha! ;)

And, yes you get to go through the VIP entrance with the Roger Taylor. Being friends with me has its perks, you know! :)

Also, and this may just be me, but if you have the dorm to yourself, I think you should throw a party. I'd come if I was around haha!

Update on the record: it's getting there. We're slowly knocking off each song from the "to be recorded" list. We obviously have to do a few takes and overdubs in order to get it just how we want it.

Brian was out sick with an ulcer for quite some time which was definitely a stressor for us. John had to play the acoustic guitars for the song I wrote since Bri was gone. He's back now and we're nearly finished! In fact, it probably will be by the time I get your next letter.

Speaking of the album, we just got some wonderful news; Killer Queen has reached number two in the UK Singles Chart! That's crazy, isn't it?!

Anyways, hope you enjoy the Top of the Pops recording more than I did. I don't have much else to say now.

Talk soon,

- Roger x

***

When Roger's package came in the mail, Dylan had been a bit confused as to what he had sent that time, but once she realized it was the video of their Top of the Pops performance, she was rushing through the halls from the mail room back to her dorm to watch it.

"Do you mind if I use your VCR?" Dylan asked her roommate as she placed the rest of the mail on the table in their small kitchen.

"Go for it," Stella replied disinterested as she began looking through the mail pile.

Normally Dylan never went into Stella's messy room, she couldn't remember the last time she did, but she ignored all the various things on the floor as she put the tape into the VCR and sat on the edge of the bed.

As much as she knew Roger had despised doing it, both the performance and the mailing of the video to her, she couldn't help the smile that spread across her face as the music started, eventually quietly singing along with it herself.

"So, I get that you like this song," Stella began as she entered the room. "And it's a pretty good song, don't get me wrong, but why did you have to listen to it in my room all of a sudden?"