15

The first thing Dylan noticed when she got back home was the weather. She didn't want to admit that through the years of living in LA, she had become weak to the cold. She hadn't even had any proper winter clothes with her, seeing as she didn't need them when she was in California.

Thankfully though, her family figured that would be the case and brought her one of her old winter coats to wear in the car ride home.

As much as she did love living in Los Angeles, she was always grateful to be back home with her family. It always felt more warm and welcoming and she never felt as alone as she did in her dorm.

Granted, living on her own had gotten much easier and enjoyable as the years went by and she got more used to it. And especially since she'd befriended Roger.

Not that she mentioned him to her parents or sister. She knew it would just result in an interrogation.

The first day had gone by somewhat uneventful, but more eventful than when she was on residence. She just spent time with her parents and helped them clean the place for Christmas Day when her grandparents would come over - a task that she used to find daunting but was nothing to her now.

Her sister, Jane, came to visit and the two ended up setting up a movie marathon in their parents' basement so they could catch up.

"Dyl, package for ya," Jane told her sister as she made her way back down the stairs; a bowl of popcorn in one hand and said package in the other.

"Really? From who?" Dylan asked.

"Uhh, Roger Taylor?" Jane read before tossing it to her. "Who the hell's that?"

"Oh, just a friend," Dylan answered, setting the small box on the floor next to the mattress they'd put out.

"How'd you meet someone from the UK?"

"Oh, he was visiting LA," Dylan said casually. "Saw his band at a club. Ended up keeping in touch."

"Ouu, a band guy, huh?" Her sister said excitedly and Dylan just rolled her eyes as Jane sat down next to her. "Well, open it. What'd he send you?"

"I'll open it later," Dylan replied.

In all honestly, she was dying to know what Roger had sent her, but being that she didn't want her sister to get the wrong idea about her talking to a guy, she was trying to act as casual as she could about it.

"What are you hiding, Dylan O'Hare?" Jane questioned, slowly getting more excited about who this Roger guy might be.

"Nothing!"

"I've known you your whole life, Dyl. I can tell when you're lying," Jane said matter of factly, causing Dylan to roll her eyes. "It's just me, come on. I won't tell mom and dad - I won't even tell David!"

"I appreciate that, but I've got nothing to hide," Dylan argued. "And even if I did, you think I'd care if you told your husband?"

"If it's nothing then open the box."

"If it's nothing, why do you care?"

"If it was nothing you wouldn't be so eager to avoid the topic."

"For fucks sakes...fine!"

Jane let out a cheeky laugh as Dylan reached for the package and began to rip it open with a fork that was on the table next to them.

"No need to open it like an ape," Jane said with a laugh, earning a joking glare from Dylan.

"Of fucking course," Dylan said to herself as she looked into the box.