54

It was New Years Eve and that meant one thing; partying.

Dylan had never been a New Years party person, or a party person in general, but being in the same friend group as a rock band changed that pretty quickly.

Freddie was hosting the party at some house he'd rented out for the night, and knowing how Freddie, and the rest of the boys were, it would be rowdy.

Roger promised he'd stay sober for her sake, but Dylan doubted it. It was New Years after all.

"Roger, are you done yet? We were supposed to be there 20 minutes ago," Dylan said, knocking on the bathroom door.

"My hair isn't looking right!"

"I'm sure you look fine, Rog."

"That's where you're wrong!"

She rolled her eyes, leaning against the door before speaking again.

"Do you want me to try and help?"

"You can try, but I'm not sure if- oi!" Roger cut himself off when he opened the bathroom door, resulting in Dylan falling in to him.

"If you wanted my attention so badly you could've just said so," he teased. "No need to throw yourself into me."

"Very funny," she said sarcastically before combing through his hair with her fingers. "What's so wrong with your hair?"

He turned around to face the mirror in the bathroom.

"I don't know, the top just looks weird," he said, fussing with his hair as he spoke.

"If you say so."

"Dylannnnnn," he whined.

"Alright, alright!" She exclaimed before using a comb and her fingers to try and flatten out his hair. "What'd you do? Tease it?"

"Sorry?"

"Never mind," she said with a light laugh.

After a few minutes of trying to comb out his hair, she walked out of the bathroom, only to return with one of his hats.

"Here," she said, passing it to him. "Wear it. It'll flatten it out."

"This isn't nice enough to wear with a suit."

"Roger, you've worn your Converse with your suits. You're really gonna draw the line at a hat?"

"This is the one that the boys said made me look like a grandma," he whined.

She let out a sigh, taking the hat back from him and putting it on his head for him.

"Just wear it on the drive there, then. It'll flatten your hair," she told him.

"I look stupid," he complained, turning to face her.

"You look very handsome," she told him, leaning up to peck him on the cheek. "Now let's goooo before we're any more late."

"You only said that to get me to leave the bathroom, didn't you?" He said as he let her drag him out and down the hall to the front door.

"Maybe," she joked. "I do think you're handsome though."

"Aw, shucks," he said flatly.

Dylan just stuck her tongue out at him as she walked by to put on her shoes, Roger letting out a wolf whistle as she did.

"I see you're done complaining about your hair," she said, not looking up at him.

"That was before I got a good look at you," he shot back, earning an annoyed and embarrassed look in response. "What? You look hot."