14

The weeks between when Roger had first left for tour and when Dylan had her final exams of the semester went by much faster than expected, mostly due to the fact that both of them were busy everyday, so it made the days seem to go by quicker.

Despite their busy schedules, and the drastic time difference between them, they still talked every other day. Roger was always the one to call first, as there was no number for Dylan to call while he was on the road.

Even though they had phone calls quite often, they never seemed to run out of things to talk about; Roger would tell her about the events of the previous day, Dylan would tell him about school, and occasionally end up ranting about how busy her classes were.

Those were the times that Roger would help the best he could - be it just calming her down or even helping her with editing her assignments when she was too stressed and overtired to do it herself.

"....it can be argued that he was in fact prideful of his son when..." she read out her essay to Roger.

"Prideful means arrogant, love," he told her.

"Ah, shit," she muttered to herself, earning a light laugh from Roger.

He heard her tuck the phone between her ear and shoulder while she corrected the mistake.

"Thank you," She said tiredly once she'd finished writing.

"Of course," he smiled on the other side of the phone.

"God, i hate this fucking book," she whined, falling back into her bed.

"I know, but, hey, just a few more days of this class, right?" He said, trying to keep things as positive as he could.

"Yeah, I guess you're right," she said. "Why did I choose to minor in English of all things?"

"That I don't have an answer for."

"Damn it," she said making them both laugh.

"Alright, this thing isn't due tomorrow right? Put it away and go to sleep," he told her, being able to hear the exhaustion in her voice.

"No...should just finish it now. Make my life easier."

"Isn't already late where you are?"

"It's nearing 1:30 in the morning," she replied, glancing over at her clock. "It's fine, I've been going to bed later than this for the past few days anyways."

"You- how much sleep have you gotten in the past week?"

"You think I keep track of that?"

"Dylan, you need sleep."

"I'll sleep when I'm dead."

"Dylan!"

-

She honestly felt somewhat guilty for having Roger help her with her work, figuring he had better things to worry about.

He really didn't mind though. He liked talking with her and it was even somewhat enjoyable for him, as it was drastically different from what he had studied in school. And her happiness when she would get a good grade on something always rubbed off on him, sometimes to the point that the boys would notice.

"Whats going on with you?" Brian asked him one time when he got back in the bus from the pay phone.

"Huh? Nothing," he answered.

"What were you doing before you came in here?" Brian pushed.

"Was on the phone. Why are you asking?"