45

Jane drove Dylan to the airport the evening of the 23rd, meaning she'd be arriving on Christmas Eve morning.

She'd called Freddie when she'd purchased her ticket, so he knew to come pick her up from the airport. She'd be staying with him and Mary until it was time for the show.

"Have fun!" Jane exclaimed as Dylan got out of her car. "And don't be nervous. His family will love you as much as he does."

"He doesn't love me," Dylan said with a nervous laugh.

"Sure he doesn't. Just like how you 'don't love him'," Jane said, putting air quotes with her fingers as she spoke.

"Whatever, Jane," Dylan said in a sing song voice as she pulled her luggage out of the trunk.

"Mom told me dad caught you on the phone with him at like 2am. Don't even try to deny it."

"You know, I'd love to stay and have this conversation," Dylan said sarcastically. "But I have a flight to catch."

"Alright, Dyl," Jane laughed. "Have a safe flight. If you can, let us know when you land so we know you're not dead?"

"Will do," Dylan said with a laugh. "See ya, J. Merry Christmas."

"Bye, Dylan!"

-

To say the flight was boring was an understatement.

Nine hours of no leg room, back pain, crappy food and a gross washroom that Dylan did everything in her power not to use.

She held it as long as she could. In the whole nine hours she went maybe twice. And both times she considered buying adult diapers for her flight back.

When she finally landed, got her bags and went through customs, she felt truly lost.

She'd always heard of how big Heathrow Airport was, but she had still underestimated just how big and busy it was.

Freddie had tried to give her directions on where to go when she landed the last time they'd spoken over the phone, and although she was holding the piece of paper where she'd written said directions, she had no idea where to go.

She figured she'd just wait outside. When they drive by, they'd be bound to see her, right?

As she made her way towards the exit, there were tons of people lined up holding signs for who they were picking up.

And she let out an audible, "Of course", when she saw one with her name.

"I'm Dylan O'Hare," she said as she approached the guy.

The man made decent small talk as he led her outside to the black car waiting for her, opening the door and taking her bags for her as she got in.

Freddie greeted as soon as she popped her head in the door.

"Dylan, darling! You made it!"

"Hi, Freddie!" She smiled, hugging him back before sitting down across from him and the woman next to him.

"Dylan, this is Mary. Mary, this is Dylan," Freddie introduced them.

"Nice to meet you," Dylan said as she shook her hand.

"So, you're the infamous Dylan?" Mary joked.

"I suppose," Dylan laughed. "Depends if that's a good infamous or a bad one."

"All good, don't worry."

Mary and Dylan hit it off right away, and the three of them talked non-stop the ride back to Mary and Freddie's place.