Chapter 24

Heads up, spelling and grammar is not 100%!

"Once again Julie, thank you so much for this" I was honest with my words.

"It's fine really! I mean, I needed the company... Mums out getting groceries and I was just chilling here doing nothing" she smiled widely, her cute brown eyes squinting as she did so.

"Wow, your using the mum word already. Glad to hear you've settled in well" Kara had endured the whole prospect of Julie finding a family, though I knew she meant no harm to be jealous and question things to much in such a harsh tone, I knew Kara. She was just upset, but from what I've heard prior before visiting Julie, she was happy for Julie; the girl she must envy right now.

Julie seemed rather sweet, she had a cute innocence about her that made you feel warmth. She was smiley, blossoming, warming and that was exactly like how Kara had described her. She was like spring but in human form, and I think that's how she got adopted, because of her charming innocence and warmth.

"Kara... If I could've, I would have told them to adopt you. You'll find-"

"Please don't, I don't even care any more. I'm nearly 18, I can do whatever I want then, without needing someone to take care of me" Kara spoke in a monotone, not allowing emotions to show.

"Kara" I didn't mean to coax the situation, I just couldn't handle any more upsetting thoughts today.

"I don't need your pity either! Let's just wash this out and head off" Kara ran off into the bathroom, I sighed laying my eyes on Julie with an apologetic look but it seems she was the one who had the apologetic look.

"I shouldn't have said anything..." She simply said.

When we got here Kara was ecstatic to see Julie and the house but now ever since she mentioned the words 'mum' and 'family' Kara just ended up breaking down.

"Well. How do I look?" Kara came out, a light blue Fluffy towel in her hands trying the ends of her vibrant red hair.

The medium length hair dripped with red, causing the towel to become dark. She stared as I stared at the darknes spot of the towel, suddenly a gasp leaves her lips.

I giggle as she frantically runs back to the bathroom, probably trying to wash off the dye in the towel.

I giggle at her clumsy and clutsy charm. Julie laughs along to.

"I'm so sorry Julie... I think I stained your towel" Kara walks back out to the main living area, Julie laughed harder as did I. The towel had now looked like someone perioded all over it.

"It's okay, we've got plenty plus I can just say it's period" Julie says exactly what I was thinking.

Now we are all laughing.

"That's gross man! You- you are evil. And are you sure it's okay I mean-"

"Kara it's fine! No worries!" Julie interrupts.

At this point it was 5 pm, leaving us an hour or so to get to the concert. I started considering that this whole idea was stupid and I am truly a weirdo... But something told me not to give up.

"Nat I think your hair is done now to, you should wash it off before your hair falls out!" Kara exclaims.

Wait- hair falls out?

"My hair won't fall out" I tell myself more then I tell them.

"Actually... If you leave dye in for to long, it can" Julia answered.

Needn't say more, I ran to the bathroom. Turning on the water even though it was freezing cold and flipped my head over in the bath, desperately washing out the dye. I could already feel my scalp becoming sensitive, is that the first sign! OMG I'm going bald!