Chapter Twenty Six: Special Training

Sophie returned to the tent, her mind still swirling, replaying her conversation with Biana. She was acting rather. . . odd and Sophie was starting to grow suspicious. 

Her thoughts suddenly came to an end, since , unfortunately,  Callie was standing outside of the tent. She had beautiful green eyes, which were noticed immediately. Hence the fact that Callie didn't exactly look happy, her presence felt . . . welcoming. 

Sophie gazed in wonder as Callie gently tucked her silky caramel coloured hair behind her ear. She just looked so . . . so . . . magical. 

Everything in the moment was so perfect until Callie turned her head to face Sophie. "Where have you been?" She shouted her glower intensifying as she strutted across the yard and stopped a couple of inches away from Sophie. 

"Did you not hear me?" She warned. "Where. Have. You. Been? I've been waiting here for twenty minutes!"

Twenty minutes? Sophie thought to herself. How have I been gone THAT long?

"S-sorry," Sophie stuttered. She really didn't want to be on the receiving end of this argument. Which gave her an idea.

"Well, where have you been?" Sophie asked, wishing for more confidence at the moment. "I've been waiting for you for no more than ten minutes! I only left because I assumed that when I'd get back, you still wouldn't be here!"

Callie stared at Sophie, her light blue eyes glaring even more. "Whatever," she said with a scoff. "Let's just get this thing over with. 

Callie led Sophie to a separate tent, with purple cloth hanging off each side, making the tent more enclosed.

Some other students wearing a pin labelled "Brooks" handed Sophie a special looking briefcase and said with a smile, "Here's your Trainer Kit, Subject Six."

Sophie winced as the memory of being called "Subject" returned. "What's it for?"

"It has everything you need to know about your abilities, tips to make them stronger, and ways to manifest more."

"You can do that?" Sophie asked, shocked. She thought she was the only one with multiple abilities. 

"Well, it's nearly impossible, but with the right amount of patience and the right mindset, you can do anything." 

"Thanks," Sophie thanked him, then set the kit on a table to open it. She was about to undo the lock before Alan rushed into the tent, looking panicked. 

"Callie!" He shouted. "One of the Subjects escaped!"

"Which one?" Callie asked. 

"Subject Seven!"

"No, what do they look like?"

"He has, like, orange hair, and light blue eyes."

Dex?

Sorry for the smaller chapter. Next chapter will be longer, promise!