Special Chapter (Part Two)

"Tell me what?" Fitz asked, leaning against Biana's door. Biana froze, the box freeing of her grasp and plummeting to the floor. 

"Does it have to do with that?" Fitz wondered, gesturing to the box, which was somehow now open and had its contents splattered all around. 

Della, attempting to cover as much of the spilled papers as she could, stood in front of her son. "Not now, Fitz. Please return to your room."

"No! Mom, I'm seventeen. I don't need to be asked to "go to my room" anymore!"

Meanwhile, Biana was busy snatching every little note or trinket that lay on the ground, before stuffing them into the damaged box. It wasn't long before she disappeared, and 一 being mindful of where Fitz stood 一 sprinted out of the room. 

Peering over behind the corner one more time, Biana set the box down gently on her pastel pink carpet. She picked up the first thing that caught her eye: a gold bracelet with a variety of gems on it. 

Biana held it up to the light, and it didn't fail her, shining bright like a star in the night. Without consideration, she slipped it on her right wrist (because it was the RIGHT wrist). 

"Gah!" Biana screamed in pain as she clutched her wrist 一 the one with the bracelet, to be exact. The second the bracelet was secured on her wrist, a little bit of electricity surged through her veins. 

Turning her arm over to take a closer inspection, she gaped. Her veins were clearly visible . . .

. . . since they were bulging out of her arm. 

Biana just sat there, heart racing, too immobilized to act. "What is happening to my arm?" she whispered to herself. 

"Biana?" a soft voice spoke 一 Della. 

"Come in," Biana answered, trying to hide the panic in her voice. Her mom walked in, her blue eyes widening at Biana's arm, growing worse and worse. "What happened?" She asked, rushing over to aid her daughter. 

"I have no idea! The second a slipped on this bracelet 一Biana gestured to the gold bracelet with electric blue designs intricately placed all around一 "my veins bulged out!"

"Well 一 what are you waiting for? Take it off!" Della grasped the jewelry and wrenched it off Biana's wrist. 

"Agh!" Biana clutched her wrist again in pain 一 because of the bracelet off, or because it never should've come off?

"I'm here; what was the problem again, Mrs. Vacker?" Elwin's cheery voice spoke. 

"Well, take a look at her arm," Della implied, attempting to hide the anxiousness in her voice but failed immensely. 

"Della, she'll be fine," Elwin assured her. "There's nothing I've encountered that I can't fix." He strolled over to Biana's bed, where she lay an ice pack on her forehead and Alden at her side. Her skin had faded a little green-ish over the couple minutes they waited for Elwin. 

The second Elwin's eyes saw Biana, his jaw dropped a little and he whispered, "Until now."

"You haven't seen anything like this?" Alden inquired, moving from his crouched position to face Elwin. 

"No, I'm sorry," Elwin apologized. "But I think I might know what this is."

"And that is?" Alden asked.