*Flash Day*

October 8, 2030

CENTRAL CITY PARK

12:00 pm

It was a cool autumn day in Central City. The whole city was celebrating the heroic acts of The Flash. People bought balloons, action figures, and even wore t-shirts supporting the hero. Caitlin carried a 7-year-old Henry in her arms as they watched the mayor speaking at the podium.

"Good Afternoon everyone! How are y'all doing today?" boomed Mayor Matthews voice through the speaker as the crowd cheered in excitement.

[Mayor Matthews ]

"I'm glad to hear you guys are having a great time," smiled the Mayor. "Ok, settle down," he commanded fanning his hands. "Now," began the mayor once they were quiet, "time for the man of the main event. Please help me welcome, The Flash!" yelled the Mayor as the crowd cheered. Waiting patiently, a flash of yellow lightning shot up across the stage, as The Flash stood before the crowd in his scarlet suit.

"Look, Henry, it's Daddy," said Caitlin pointing towards the stage where The Flash stood.

"Dad," smiled Henry clapping his hands as he looked at his father who stood in his superhero suit.

"Hi everyone," waved Barry looking at the crowd that had gathered to see him.

"Flash, it's good to see you again," smiled Mayor Matthews.

"Back at you," said Barry flashing him a blinding smile.

"Well thank you for coming out here today. I'm sure it's been a handful trying to protect this city and attend this event, but we are glad you could make it. So on behalf of the citizens of Central City and myself, I would like to present you with this decoration medal of honor for your acts of bravery," said the mayor presenting The Flash with the medal.

"Oh wow! I don't know what to say," said Flash gratefully accepting the medal. "Well, first of all, thank you. I couldn't have done this without the support of the city and Team Flash," said Barry smiling at the crowd.