4. Prom

"Find the place where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain"

---

Kira stopped her motorcycle in front of her house and got of, before she walked up to the front door and enter the house.

As she walked in she saw Alfred, "Miss Wayne" he said "Hello Alfred" Kira said, "Good day at school?" he asked, "Fine" she said, and walked into the living room where her father sat in the armchair and was reading the newspaper. "Hey dad" Kira said, "How was school?" he asked. "Fine, we had a test today, it was easy" Kira said and Thomas looked at her "Really, because your teacher called me and told me that she kicked you out of the class, and you didn't came to detention" he said and got up, "So where have you been?" he asked. "I was just driving around the city, no big deal" Kira said and Thomas looked angry at her "You are grounded and no prom for you" he said, "You can't do that, you are not in charge of me..." Kira said but got cut off when Thomas slapped her across her face causing her to fell backwards "Damn right, I am in charge of you, remember what I said to you, that next time you do something like that is the cellar" he said and Kira looked at him "Down to the cellar now" he said, Kira got up and followed her father down to the cellar.

Time skip...

Hours later, after being beating by her father, Kira walked up to her room and she closed the door behind her before she threw her bag towards the corner. She pulled her phone up and texted to Jerome.

Kira

Hey honey. Bad news, can't go to prom, I am sorry.

J/Ginger

Why Love? What happen?

Kira

I am grounded, my father found out I skip school today, he grounded me, told me no prom. So I can't go to prom, I am sorry.

Kira looked at her phone waited for Jerome to answer, but no respond. She put her phone down, and got to bed.

---

Friday even

Those past two days, her father had ordered Alfred to drive her to school and pick her up from school.

Kira was sitting on her bed, with her back to the door, she lifted her head and looked out her window, it was prom night on her school right now, she really want to go, but she couldn't.

But then someone knock on her door, "If it is you Alfred,  go away, I want to be alone right now" Kira said and the person knock again "If it is you Bruce, then don't worry, I am fine" she said again, there was another knock on the door "Leave me alone I don't want to talk to anyone" Kira said and the door opened "Not even me" a familiar voice, Kira lifted her head before getting up and turned around to see Jerome standing by the door. 

She walked over to him, "Jerome what are you doing?" she asked and closed the door behind him "You know that if my father find out you are here, he will kill you" she said, "I know that you are home alone, so I had to see you" he said, "How did you get in?" she asked. "The window in the kitchen was opened, so I sneaked in" he said and Kira smiled before kissing him.

She pulled away and looked at him, she noticed that he was wearing a gray tux, "Why are you wearing that?" she asked and he smiled "Have you forgotten, it's prom, I am here to take my princess to prom" he said with a smile. 

"Jerome, you know I can't, I am grounded, I can't go" she said, "Since when did you do what you got told. That Kira I know, never followed the rules and she loves breaking them" Jerome said and Kira looked at him "Come on honey, it's prom night, do you really wanna skip that?" he asked and Kira nodded with a smile "I will come down in a 10 minutes" she said and kissed him on the cheek. Jerome smiled and walked out of the room.

Kira quickly found her red dress and put it on.

---

After getting dress, Kira walked out of her room, and down the stairs, she walked over to the front door, she opened the door and saw Jerome standing next to a car, he looked at her and smiled as she walked down to him, "You look beautiful" he said and Kira smiled "You looked beautiful too" she said.

Kira looked the car, "Where did you get the car?" she asked, "I borrowed it from a guy at the circus" Jerome answer "Borrowed" she said, "Well, had to pay him" he said, "Why?" Kira asked, "Well I think that I will give you a night to remember" Jerome said and opened the door to the car "My lady" he said, Kira smiled and got into the car, Jerome closed the door, and got into the driver seat before they drove towards the school.

---

-At the school

Jerome opened the door and Kira got out.

Is it dark, where you are?
Can you count the stars where you are?

Jerome took his right arms under her left arm and they enter the school.

Do you feel like you are a thousand miles from home?

It was beautiful inside, the school had really done their best, to make it look beautiful.

Are you lost, where you are?
Can you find your way when you're so far?

"Wow" Kira said, "So, is this not better than being grounded?" Jerome asked and Kira nodded "It is" she said looking around.

Do you fear, where you are?
A thousand nights alone

Kira and Jerome walked over and stood where the students got their pictures taken. Few pictures was taking off them. At the last picture, Kira kissed Jerome on the cheek, while he smiled and put an arm around her waist.

---

So here we are set into motion
We'll steal a car and crash in the ocean

After they had their pictures taking, Jerome and Kira walked into the room where the party was, as they walked in, people looked at them.

You and I, caught in a fading light
On the longest night

"Why are they staring?" Kira asked "Because you are beautiful" he said before he walked up in front of her and looked at her.

It's enough, just to find love
It's the only thing to be sure of
So hard, to let go of

"Jerome, why have you done all of this? Borrowed a car and paid for a tux, you don't have much money, you and your family are poor, why have you done all of this for me?" Kira asked and Jerome smiled.

A thousand times or more
I was close to a fault line
Heaven knows, you showed up in time
Was it real?
Now I feel, like I'm never coming down

"Because you are my girlfriend, I love you, and I will do anything in the whole world to make you happy" he said.

So here we are, set into motion
Steal a car, crash in the ocean
You and I, caught in a fading light
On the longest night

Kira looked at him and smiled, "Who's the man?" Jerome asked and tip his head a little bit to the right.

I recall when we were together
Even now it seems like forever
So alive caught in a fading light
On the longest night

Kira smiled "You are, you are my man" she said and kissed him.

Can we go too far to find, what is waiting here?
A little fall from grace
On the longest night

"Wanna dance?" he asked, Kira nodded and took Jerome's hand before they walked onto the dance floor.

Did we go too far to find, what is waiting here?
We'll take a little time, to open again

Jerome put his arms around Kira's waist and Kira put her arms around Jerome's shoulder, they took their forehead closer to each other, and looked into each other's eyes as they started to dance slowly.

Is it dark where you are?
Can you count the stars where you are?

A/N: Vote or comment