20. A loyal friend

"One loyal friend is worth more than thousand fake ones"

---

Both Kira and Robin got through the sewer and came out of the tunnel.

They got up to the surface and with the last bit of strength, they got their upper body up on the coast, Robin lay on Kira right side, they both lay with their eyes closed. 

Flashback start... 

Kira sat on a swing by a playground, "Hello beautiful" a voice said, Kira looked up and saw Jerome. He walked over to her and gave her a quick hug, he then sat down on another swing next to her "You came" she said, "Of course. I promise I would be here, and I never break a promise" Jerome said, Kira looked at him and smiled "I can't believe that from today it had been 10 years ago since we met for the first time" she said, "Either do I, it feels like it was only a year ago" Jerome said, "Do you still think about him?" Kira asked looking at Jerome knowing who she was talking about, "Not really, do you?" Jerome asked and looked at her "No, I did the first year, but stopped" Kira said and Jerome nodded.

"By the way, remember when we sat in that little truck and talked about how nice it would be to have a better place to meet and have more space for just the two of us" Kira said, Jerome looked at her and nodded "Well, we have, a little white house just outside the big city" Kira said "What?" he asked, "One of my close classmate had left town, so she told me I could have it. It is writing in her name, so no one would be looking for us there" Kira said, "Why did she gave you the house?" Jerome asked "I help her, so her and her family could leave this country, by getting some fake passport and as a thanks, she gave me the house, so now we have a place to hang out, just the two of us" Kira said and Jerome smiled "Can't wait to see it princess" he said "Hey, don't call me that, I am no princess" Kira said, Jerome looked at her with a smile, he looked down, tip his head and rolled with his shoulders while smiling.

 It is writing in her name, so no one would be looking for us there" Kira said, "Why did she gave you the house?" Jerome asked "I help her, so her and her family could leave this country, by getting some fake passport and as a thanks, she gave me ...

"You will always be a princess in my eyes and maybe one day a queen" Jerome said and they looked at each other before they smiled.

Flashback end...

Kira opened her eyes and looked to see the big city. 

She put her right hand on Robin's shoulder "Robin, look, we are here, we are out" she said, Robin opened her eyes, looked up and saw the city.

They both got to their feet "You okay?" Kira asked and Robin nodded, "I am okay, tough swim" she said and Kira nodded "Yeah, but we did it" she said and Robin nodded.

---

Robin followed Kira into an alley. 

Kira sat down on her knees, pulled her knife up and and began to cut one of the brick out the wall, it was easy, because it was already loose "Please let it still be here" Kira whispered to herself and remove the brick, "Yes" she said as she saw a large bag laying inside the wall, she pulled it out and opened it, all her things was still there, her guns, her swords, all of her knives, some of her clothes, and of course all the pictures she had of Jerome and the pictures of her and Jerome together.