9. It's over

"Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going"

 They don't have to dictate where we're going"

---

Two weeks later, Kira decided to visit Jerome in prison.

Kira sat on a chair in front of a small window, there was a small wall on each side, so they wouldn't look at the other people who was also visit their love ones. She saw Jerome came walking on the other side of the window, he sat down, Kira took the phone there was hanging on the small wall on her left side, and put it to her ear, there was also a phone on the other side, where Jerome was, he took the phone and put it to his ear.

"Hey" Kira said, "Hey" Jerome said as they were staring at each other. 

Kira saw that Jerome had a bandages around his hand, "What happen?" she asked and Jerome looked at his hand "Just some guy, who thought that he was in charge of me. But I showed him who the boss was" he said.

Kira took a deep breath "Jerome, why did you do it?" she asked and Jerome took a deep breath "She just kept pushing, and I couldn't take it anymore, she deserved it" he said "My father also deserved to die for what he did to me, but that doesn't mean that I wanted to kill him. You should just have held on a few more months and then we both were 18 and we could have got out of here together, just as we planned" Kira said and Jerome looked down, then back at her, he slid the phone down in front his mouth as he looked at her with a sad look.

"You could have told me, if you had, we could have ran away together earlier" Kira said, "They would have found us and you would have been in trouble as well" Jerome said, "No I wouldn't" Kira said, "Yes, they would had arrested you for hiding me and knowing that I killed my mother" Jerome said.

"But I still love you, no matter what you have done" Kira said with a smile, Jerome looked down, he took a deep breath and looked back at her, "I can't do this anymore" he said "What?" she asked, "It's over, I can't do this anymore" Jerome said, "Are you breaking up with me?" Kira asked, "Tomorrow they are moving me to Arkham Asylum. I am going be there forever, while you have a whole life you can live, you can travel far away, make a fresh start, fell in love again, start a family. I will never get out and us being together is holding you down, so it's over" Jerome said, Kira looked at him with her jaw a little bit opened "You can't say is over, what happen to 'Nothing will ever tear us apart, no matter what'?" she asked "I am sorry, but I can't, this is goodbye" Jerome said and got up before he walked away "Jerome" Kira said and got up "JEROME" she yelled banging on the window, but he didn't respond, he just kept walking.

---

Kira came home and walked up to her room. She started throwing some of her stuff down from her night table. "You okay?" a voice asked, Kira turned around and saw Bruce standing in the doorway, "You alright sis?" he asked and Kira looked at him, "Yeah I am fine, my boyfriend just broke up with me" Kira said, "What an asshole" he said and Kira smiled "Hey, you're to young to use a language like that" she said causing Bruce to let out a smile "I am sorry he broke up with you, is there anything I can do?" he asked and Kira shook her head "No" she said and took a deep breath "Life goes on, I just need a little time for myself now" she said and Bruce nodded "Take all the time you need" he said with a smile. He then closed the door behind him, before walking downstairs.

A/N: Vote or comment.