8. The interrogation

"We are not given a good life or a bad life. We are given a life. It's up to us to make it good or bad"

 It's up to us to make it good or bad"

---

Jim had taken Jerome in to interrogation, Jerome had told Kira to stay home. So she sat on his bed and waited.

"I can't" she said and got up before she took her jacket and walked out of the caravan, she got on her motorcycle and drove to the policestation.

---

As she enter the station, she saw Jerome with handcuffs and with his hands behind his back while two cops had their hand on each side of his shoulder, "JEROME" Kira yelled and Jerome looked at her, Kira wanted to stepped closer but then someone grabbed her shoulder, it was Jim, "JEROME" she yelled again, "I am okay, don't fight it" Jerome said as he was taken away, "JEROME WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON" she yelled while Jim hold her back.

Jim stepped in front of her "What's going on? Where are you taken him?" she asked, "To Arkham Asylum" Jim said, "Why?" Kira asked and Jim looked at her "He killed his mother" he said causing Kira to look at him "What?" she said "You know him?" Jim asked "Of course I do, he is my boyfriend" she said, she was not afraid anymore to admit that she and Jerome was dating, now that her father was dead "I need to take you in the interrogation" Jim said, Kira nodded and followed him into a small room.

She sat down on a chair and Jim sat on a chair in front of her, "How long have you and Jerome know each other?" Jim asked, "We first met when we were five years old and we have know each other every since" Kira said, "How long have you and Jerome been dating?" Jim asked "About a year. We were seeing each other in secret" she said, "Why?" Jim asked, "My father, and his mother, most my father didn't like that I Kira Wayne was seeing a poor circus boy, so he forbid me to see him, but I did it anyway, because we were in love, and no one can get between two people in love" Kira said causing Jim to smile a little bit.

He then looked serious "Did you know that Lila Valeska was beating Jerome?" he asked and Kira looked at him, she then looked down and nodded "I found out" she said, "Why didn't you tell the police?" Jim asked.

"Jerome convinced me not to, he said that I shouldn't get involved, he didn't want me to get involved" Kira said, "He was afraid that Lila may hurt you too" Jim finished and Kira nodded "He wanted to protect me" she said and Jim nodded before he took a deep breath "Did you know that Jerome killed his mother?" he asked and Kira looked at him "No, of course not. He told me that his mother will never bother us again, I didn't think he had killed her, I thought Jerome meant that he had convinced his mother, and Lila had finally said yes, to let him and I see each other" Kira said. "Do you know if Jerome has any relatives?" Jim asked and Kira looked at him, then down on the table, she was about to mention a name, but she have promise Jerome to never mention that person. 

She then looked back at Jim "Not what I know of, I think that the circus was his family" she said.

Jim looked at her and Kira looked down "I never thought that he would do this" she said with a sad voice, "We had plan about running away together as soon as be both turn 18, then we would have jump on my motorcycle, just drove away and don't look back" Kira said, "What about Bruce and Alfred?" Jim asked and Kira looked at him "They would have understand, beside they can survive without me" Kira said.

---

After the interrogation, Jim followed Kira out of the policestation, Kira turned around and looked at Jim "Please don't tell anybody about this, and about want I told you about me running away, just keep it to yourself" she said and Jim looked at her "Please" she said and Jim nodded "I wouldn't tell, I promise" he said and Kira smiled "Thank you Gordon" she said and turned around before she jumped on her motorcycle and drove away.

A/N: Vote or comment