스물셋

10 days until the competition

jimin was pacing around inside the classroom not being able to sit still, he was nervous to be alone with jungkook for the next few hours not really knowing where this would lead to. he hoped that everything would go well, so that jungkook had a real chance at the competition.

then 10 minutes after the end of school, jimin heard a knock on the door and then saw jungkook's head poking in, "oh hello jungkook." jimin greeted the younger boy.
jungkook smiled widely and entered the classroom with his backpack hanging loosely from his shoulder.

jimin pointed to the front row for jungkook to sit and then sat himself down next to the younger. "so jungkook, did you bring a few songs you'd like to maybe sing at the competition?"

jungkook nodded and pulled paper out of his bag pack, it was a little crumbled, and in a messy handwriting there were a few songs scribbled on the paper. "so i thought of a few songs that i like, i'm not sure tho if they will fit with my voice..." jungkook looked down at his fingers.

jimin smiled, "that's exactly what i'm here for jungkook, i will try to help you as much as i can." jimin then took the list out of jungkook's hand to check the songs that the younger had written down.

~ postcard by troye sivan
~ scripted by zayn
~ all of my life by park won
~ nothing like us by justin bieber
~ paper hearts by tori kelly

after he had read the list he stayed quiet trying to imagine jungkook's voice with the songs, he was sure that they all would sound beautiful if jungkook sang them. jungkook became even more nervous when jimin didn't say anything, maybe he had chosen bad songs that would all sound awful and jimin was searching for a nice way to say it to him?

"look-"

"let's-"

they both started at the same moment both laughing awkwardly, "you go first." jungkook mumbled.

"i'd like to try two of these songs with you, all of my life and paper hearts. we can try both of them out and then we'll decide which one we choose, okay?"

jungkook smiled in relive, "of course that's okay, jim- i mean mr park."

jimin kindly ignored jungkook's little slip out and just stood up to walk to the piano in the corner of the classroom.

"awesome! we can try it out right away then, i hope you can remember the lyrics, if not just use your phone."

jungkook shook his head, "i'm fine, i can sing both songs even in my dreams."

so they started, jimin playing the piano and jungkook singing. they both had a lot of fun, enjoying the company of the other.

after they had finished both songs, jimin had to once again admit that jungkook's voice really was one out of a million and that both songs sounded really amazing, but he had a clear preference.

one of the songs had just caught his full attention and made him feel things he hadn't felt in awhile, he had been so focused on the younger's voice in that specific song, that he had played some bum notes.

"so jungkook, which song did you like more?" he asked, silently hoping that he would choose the one jimin liked better.

jungkook shrugged his shoulders "i'm not sure, isn't it you, who has to decide which song i'll be singing?"

jimin shook his head "no that's not what i'm here for, i said that i'll be helping you and not that i'll choose for you, this decision is on you to make."