스물

"i don't want to be a singer, i'll become a basketball player..." jungkook mumbled again and again while he drove back home. it was like he wanted to convince himself of something he knew wasn't true.

he had always enjoyed playing basketball with his brother, it was always junghyun who had the outstanding basketball skills and always wanted to become a professional basketball player. everyone was always so proud of his big brother and that he managed to get a scholarship to a famous sports university in america.

junghyun had always planned that jungkook and he both will be professionals some day without really asking jungkook, but jungkook didn't want to disappoint his brother so he always just stayed silent.

that was until jungkook was 10 years old, just a few weeks before the incident.

10 years ago

jungkook excitedly threw junghyun's door open and entered with a big smile, "hyung! hyung! i want to become a singer now!" jungkook screamed with glee hopping onto the older's bed.

"yah! what did i tell you about knocking jungkook?!" junghyun growled, with angry eyes.

jungkook's excitement wasn't lowered by his brother's bad mood, he was used to it and it didn't affect him as much as it did before, "sorry hyungie."

junghyun nodded, "it's alright, just remember it for the next time, okay? so what did you want to tell me, kook?"

"i want to become a singer!" jungkook exclaimed with his bunny smile jumping on the bed again. junghyun just stared at him, not seeming even half as excited.

"i know you want me to become a basketball player, but i want to sing and then jimine hyung can dance to my songs and we'll live together and travel around the world. you can join us as well and we'll live like a big family."

"jungkook, i told you to stay away from jimin, he is a bad influence for you!" junghyun's face became red out of anger "he likes boys, that's not normal jungkook! what would you do if he tried to kiss you or something? jimin is not like boys are supposed to be, real men aren't singers, dancer or models, these are girl jobs!"

jungkook's eyes filled with tears, he had always hated it when people screamed at him, but what he hated more than anything was people talking bad about jimin. "what's so bad about it?! i like jimine hyung just the way he is, why ain't i allowed to become a singer? there are many male singers and you even listen to them."

junghyun laughed ironically, "you don't know what you are talking about, you're still too young to understand how wrong it is jungkook! i won't accept, you becoming a singer, my little brother is not gay!"

"you can't stop me, jiminie hyung said that no one but myself can decide what i want to do with my life." jungkook screamed with tears now streaming down his face.
jungkook then run out of his bigger brother's room, opened the front door to quickly run to jimin's home, he needed his best friend's support now.

he rang about a 100 times before the older opened the door, "omg kookie what happened?" jimin asked quickly pulling the crying younger into his arms.

"jiminie." jungkook whimpered.

jungkook took a deep breath, not really wanting to remember all this, all the things his brother said still hurt a lot and so after his brother's death he wanted to make him at least once proud, that's why he couldn't follow his dream.

he hated that he had to let such a huge opportunity go to waste, but he couldn't do that to his brother after everything jungkook had done.

jungkook knew that he couldn't arrive like this at home, he wasn't thinking straight at the moment so he decided to stop by at a park near his home.