Touch Me

I look up in sheer surprise as an unholy curse shrieks itself through my brother's lips, followed by the shattering sound of flesh meeting flesh.

V.

My eyes go wide in shock as I shiver, trying to get to my feet. But the pain ringing in my head is too powerful that before I know it, I'm collapsed back on the icy ground.

I can't even breathe properly.

Panic flashes through me as I blink, knowing that my brother was a dirty fighter. And V— the fever must be weighing him down tremendously.

Which meant that sooner or later, his body would give out.

Groaning painfully, I hold my heavy head with one hand while I push up against the wall to gain ground. Even though all I wanted to do was just fade into oblivion, that wasn't going to do anyone any good at all.

My hand feels wet when I touch it gently to my stinging head, and I realize that insane drunkard of a brother had hit hard enough to draw blood.

I could deal with that later.

My vision eventually clears, and what I expect to find I find none at all. V's completely in dominance, even with his body dragged down by fever.

His eyes are bright with bloodlust as he slams down his foot on my brother's chest, ignoring the screams and violent curses he spits at him.

"V!"

I call, my voice raspy with pain. Something thick trickles down the back of my shirt, and I tremble as more follow— heavy rivulets of blood that was bound to have already stained the entire back of my white shirt.

By the time the fire fades from his dark eyes, my brother looks like he can't even walk properly.

He barely hobbles out the door, screaming something about revenge and vengeance with his face twisted with pain.

"Hey." V calls back, wiping the blood on his hands on the dark sweatshirt I'd given him. Even through the pain, all I can think about is how good the attire looks on him.

Really not the time.

"Can you stand?" He asks as his hand wraps around my forearm. The touch is so sudden that I gape at him in numb shock.

He's shivering, but it's a good sign when I don't see overwhelming fear and panic clouding his eyes.

"Ye-Yeah, I think so."

The blood tingles as it pours down my back.

"You're bleeding," He says, touching his thumb to my back and showing me the smear of dark red.

"It's just my head," I reassure him, the pounding in my mind slurring my words together. "I'm fine other than that."

"You're unbelievable." V says starkly as he carefully lifts me off the ground, ignoring my startled gasp.

A shiver goes through his body, and I can't imagine how bad this is for him— with my body firmly pressed against his.

But I can't deny that it's warm. And I also can't deny that it feels really, really nice.

With his warmth and the soothing silence, it's not long until I descend into a gentle, soothing sleep.

___________________________

When I wake, I'm lying on a bed with the whitest sheets I've ever seen. The sharp stings had reduced to a dull tingle now, and I find that my head is expertly bandaged.