Professor Idiot

There is no way this is happening.

"Easy." V says, holding up his new teacher lanyard. When I take it and inspect every inch of the plastic-covered object, V laughs.

"It's not fake."

"Yes it is," I stress, because there's no way this can actually be happening. It was impossible. Just unbelievable. V did not just walk into a school he'd never even seen before and be walking away with a mathematics professor title.

"V— you have no record!"

"They didn't ask for my record. They just had me take some weird test and I passed it, I'm guessing. I mean, they looked impressed enough to let me in."

"So now you're my professor?" I hiss, still not being able to believe the current circumstances. "What do I even call you? What will your students call you? Professor V?"

"Professor Kim." He says, smiling. "And I'm your homeroom, too. Awesome."

I have never seen him look so happy before.

"Kim?" I gasp, even more furious than I was before. "You have a proper name and you didn't tell me? I thought you were just V this entire time!"

"That's professor to you." He says, smirk growing wider when he sees my face turn crimson with rage. "And I have to go change apparently. Dress code or something."

"Fine, whatever!"

_______________________________

My God.

V looks amazing in a suit and tie.

I'd purposely chosen the back of the classroom to spite him, but now I'm wishing I'd sat closer so I could stare at him. He'd rolled up his sleeves up to his elbow, and his tie was tugged loose from his neck as if he'd gotten tired of it choking him.

And I can already hear the rapid whispers firing across the entire room.

"Is he new?"

"He's—"

I block my ears before I can hear what comes next, which is no doubt very descriptive. I can't believe he's exposed himself like this— to all these other people.

Didn't he know he was freaking hot?

"Quiet down." V says, and the moment his deep voice echoes throughout the massive room is the end of me. It apparently seems like the end of all the girls here as well, because some of them look like they're going to faint.

But to all this, he seems perfectly oblivious as he flips through some clipboard full of papers. I can see a smile dancing on the corner of his lips, and I know he's trying to get a rise out of me. I feel it.

"Let me introduce myself." He finally says, setting down the clipboard on the desk. "I'm Professor Kim—"

"Professor!" A girl raises her hand, and I can already tell that she's one of those popular girls as she tilts her head.

"How old are you?"

V doesn't even give her a glance as he passes her question off with an unbelievable number.

"Twenty two."

Liar. Liar. Liar.

That's three complete years older than his actual age!

Even before I can get over his response, another girl's high-pitched voice breaks the silence.

"Professor! Are you single?"