Six In the Morning

"This— is a serious matter," The principal mutters as he watches the recording for the fifth time. But something makes me think that he's talking about having to expell Lee Mira, not the overall situation itself.

"So what will you do?"

Finally, he calls Lee Mira to the office, his face ashen. Now I'm thankful that I hadn't told V about this, because I didn't want her to lay eyes on him ever again.

Besides, he still needed to recover from his fever without any distractions.

"Is this why Professor Kim is absent today?" The principal says, and my words are careful and measured as I answer.

"Partly— I don't think he wanted to see her, and Professor Park informed me he also had a high fever."

Then the door swings open, and Lee Mira comes stomping in. Her face goes flushed with rage as soon as she sees me, and I can't help but send her a smug smile.

"I told you, principal! That's not me! Can't you see how my voice is slightly different—"

"It sounds exactly the same, Miss Lee." The principal says sternly, and I can't help but want to give the old man a high-five. And then she throws out her last bet.

"But Chou Tzuyu is forcing her professor to sleep with her, too! She's also—"

"First of all, there is zero evidence to prove that fact," The principal says, and I want to release a sigh of relief. I'd been worried what his reaction might be if she told him.

"And second of all, both she and Professor Kim are over eighteen, while you are still yet to pass that mark. And several other professors have already reported to me that you have attempted to bribe them to sleep with you. Before I didn't believe that, but now I have full reason to. This could land you in juvenile hall, Miss Lee. You should be thankful I'm not taking that measure."

Watching her face go ashen might be the most satisfying thing that I'd ever seen in my life. And although I probably shouldn't be trying to hold back a smile in this situation, I am trying to hold back a smile.

"Please leave this school in two days, Miss Lee."

___________________________

"Jungkook? Is that you?"

The tall figure turns back, and Jungkook's doe eyes find mine as he waves a hand in greeting. He must've been returning from the school as well- but why was he going inside a convenience store?

"Jimin hyung called me and told me to pick up some medicine for hyung." He tells me before a sheepish smile blooms on his lips.

"And I'm sorry I made you run two miles. You looked like you were going to faint."

"It's okay," I tell him as I wince, my hand instinctively going to massage my sore legs. "Everyone had to do it, after all. I'm just really out of shape."

"I can give you some pain relief patches later," He notes, swinging the bag of medicine in his right hand. "It'll help, I promise."

I'm nodding my head in gratitude when my vision suddenly spins, twisting the surroundings in front of me into a million different pieces.

Oh no.

No, no, no.

What had I eaten today?

I'd skipped breakfast, because I was running late and V was still asleep. I'd skipped lunch, because I'd had a stomachache and had lost all my appetite.