A New Threat

V's POV

_________________________

"Professor Kim?"

My lips instantly form into a taut line as soon as I realize that the voice doesn't belong to Tzuyu. While hers is soft and tender, this one is loud and overly, overly obnoxious.

"Yes?"

The girl I look up to is exactly who I think she is. With a face heavily caked with makeup and skin so pale that I would've thought she'd risen from the dead, she's one of those students that I'd been saying no to for the past few days.

Disgusting.

Absolutely revolting, and I didn't even have my haphephobia anymore.

"I was wondering if you could have lunch with me today. It's really—"

"No."

I don't even look up as the air grows silent, not bothering to take my eyes off from the paper I'm grading. My voice comes out colder than I thought.

"You really are loyal— this will be fun."

What?

My eyes narrow with murder as I finally look at the girl, her eyes snaked up into a catlike smile. A chill runs down my spine as I press my lips together.

"What are you talking about, Ms. Lee?"

Her expression crumples, and my fingers tighten against the edges of the desk as she blows out a haughty sigh. It makes me want to slit her throat and paint the ground with her blood.

"Gosh, I really don't understand. I thought you were so smart—"

The blood drains from my face.

"But then why would you be dating Chou Tzuyu? She's nothing special— and I could give you so much more than what she could."

Shock numbs my expression for a second before I force my features to appear unaffected. But while I look bored on the outside, in the inside it is anything but.

How did she know?

How did she know?

"Leave, Ms. Lee. This—"

"I knew you'd say that."

My entire world seems to crash and burn as she slips out her phone from her pocket, showing me a photograph taken just thirty minutes ago.

Damn.

It's in the lab. The other professors appear to be talking to one another, but Tzuyu's face is clear as she smiles. And I am the cause of that smile—

Because my lips are on her neck.

"I don't think even a genius could get over that," She grins, and my teeth grind together as I stare daggers. My mind spins.

Teacher and student relationships were strictly forbidden. There wasn't going to be an exception— if found out, there wasn't a doubt that Tzuyu would be expelled.

I didn't give a damn about what happened to me. But the thought of her being forced to leave because of me made me want to break something, which at the moment was most likely going to be this girl's powdered nose.

My voice is pure venom.

"What do you want?"

"Nothing—for now," She says, enjoyment apparent in her face as she notices the death in my gaze. I could kill her— kill her so easily.