You Don't Mind?

"You guys both look dead."

That's the first sentence that Jimin says as he opens the storage door, his keys clutched in one hand and two thick jackets in the other.

True to his words, we must look terrible. V's face is paler than ice, and I can clearly see his hands shaking as he takes one of the jackets from Jimin's hand.

I don't even want to know how pale I look compared to him.

"Did you find them, hyung?" To my surprise, Jungkook's voice echoes close by as I hurriedly pull an oversized sweatshirt over my head. It's no doubt that it belongs to the maknae— I can smell the light wisps of his soap cologne.

"He woke up when I was leaving, and then he refused to go back to sleep. So here he is." Jimin explains as Jungkook comes into view.

"Wow— you guys look terrible."

"H-He already told us that," I chatter as V purses his blue-tinged lips, a scarlet blush coating his cheeks. "T-Thanks for coming to get us— really. Thanks."

The halls are dark, only lit dimly with the moonlight streaming from the windows. It makes me want to laugh to think that just this morning, I'd imagined how scary it would be to walk down these exact halls at night.

"Fever, both of you." Jimin notes, examining V's flushed cheeks and my half-closed eyelids. "Were you in there since lunchtime?"

When V nods, Jungkook suddenly exclaims as he shoves both hands in his pockets.

"I forgot I had these!" Then he withdraws two packets, handing one to each of us. As soon as my hand touches the mysterious packet, a wave of warmth washes over my body.

Hot packs.

"Thanks—"

Then V's voice suddenly cuts off as he sways to the right, his hand slamming into the wall. When I look back in shock, his features seem to mirror mine as he gasps.

"Sorry, I didn't—"

And then his eyes close shut, and he would've hit the ground if it hadn't been for Jungkook. The maknae grips his arm the moment V crumples, seconds before he would've hit the ground.

"Oh my God!" My voice is shrill as I rush over to him, eyes wide with terror. "Did he just faint?! Is he okay?"

"High fever," Jimin mutters as he helps Jungkook adjust V on his back. When I touch my palm to his clammy cheek, it feels warmer than the hot pack in my pocket.

"Get on," Jimin motions, getting down on one knee. "It's not going to look good if you suddenly faint and hit your head somewhere hard. And don't tell me I'm wrong, because I just saw you lose your balance a second ago."

"But—"

"No excuses."

_________________________

The sound of the door shutting wakes me up, and only then do I realize that I'd fallen asleep on Jimin's back. And if I'd thought a nap would calm my fever, I was anything but right.

My head pounds, and I have to mumble because my throat feels like it's clogged with a ton of sand.

"Tzuyu? Go back to sleep."

"V....?"

"He's fine. I have to give him some medicine now, so are you okay with sitting up?"

"Yeah..."

"You really thought I'd let you? You're burning, Tzuyu. You wouldn't last a minute sitting up."