Better than Her

"You idiot!"

Yoongi screams as he hurries over to Jimin, eyes wide as he slaps the flask out of his hand.

"Do you want to kill him or something? Halogens have seven valence electrons! That means it's not compatible— and compatibility is key!"

Um.

What?

Jimin breaks into a goofy smile as he pats Yoongi's back. "This is why I need you, hyung. You take care of the chemical part, and I'll do whatever else."

V blinks nervously as he glances over at the colorful medicine that he was soon to drink— and I don't deny that I have the same lost look in my own eyes.

Then the door flies open.

"I heard you're developing another medicine!" Jungkook's light voice fills the lab as he walks in, accompanied by a smiling Jin.

Another?

"Professor Kim has split personality and haphephobia— I'm making a cure for that. We have the next hour off, don't we?"

"Yeah," Jin checks, glancing at his watch as he skips over to the computer displaying whatever the medicine was. "But you sure you're not going to kill the guy?"

All Jimin does is stare.

"Okay, okay!" Jin sighs, whispering into V's ear. "Don't worry— Jimin is good at what he does, even though he might not look like it at all."

"Shut up, please." Jimin pleads as he takes a seat next to V, holding a syringe containing pure blue liquid. "Why don't you go program a game or something, hyung?"

A smile dances on my lips as I notice V's hand taking on a slight tremble before he clenches it into a fist. It made me soft how he could kill a person without thinking twice and still be afraid of a needle.

Cute.

"Ready?" Jimin asks, adjusting his fake glasses as he hovers the syringe above V's forearm.

He swallows, and I nearly melt.

"Done!" The man crows as he presses a cotton pad to the spot he'd just pricked. V's eyes are wide— numb, like something was changing inside of him.

"How are you feeling?" Jimin giggles, looking more excited than the actual patient as he clasps his fingers together. Even Yoongi looks interested as he peers over at V's expression.

"I don't know." His voice is mystified as he blinks, as if he was trying to locate his other side. "I don't know— but I think it worked?"

Then Jungkook tackles him.

My eyes go wide, and for a second I really think that the maknae is attacking him before I realize that his arms were wrapped around V.

He's hugging him.

And V doesn't push him away.

I remembered times when he'd give me hell just for touching him— the briefest touch, the gentlest brush. And now only surprise is visible on his face as Jungkook giggles.

"Great!" Jimin smiles, his slitted eyes scrunched together as he claps his hands. "I knew it was going to work!"

Happiness blushes my cheeks as I force myself to stay put on the lab counter when all I really wanted to do was to shower the beautiful boy in hugs and kisses.