Doctor (imagine for KaraCurtislove)

It was the second time I'd woken Luke up.

The second time I'd thrown up.

And he was immediately by my side, holding my hair and rubbing my back.

"Get it out your system," he soothed, "you're alright,"

"Luke," I breathed out, wiping my mouth.

"Kara, just relax,"

The floor was cool on my skin, only having shorts and a sports bra on. My breathing was heavy, but Luke sat on the floor and pulled to me to his chest.

"Follow mine,"

"Do I need to go to the clinic?"

"You've just got a stomach bug darling, there's not much I could do,"

I nodded and took his hand, mine tiny compared to his.

"Do you want to go to our bed or downstairs on the sofa?"

He spoke quietly, and slowly, running his fingers through my hair.

"Our bed,"

He kissed my head, then lifted my weak body off the floor. As we walked to our room, I stumbled but he took my waist and shushed me.

I laid on the bed and he tucked me in, opening one of our windows.

"Are you fancying anything to eat? A biscuit or some toast?"

"No,"

"Not at all?"

"My tummy hurts,"

"Tummy," he teased, "I'm just gonna call our work okay?"

He got his phone and left the room, my eyes starting to burn with tears. It's not like I didn't want him to see, but I didn't want him to miss out on a day because I was sick.

It really hurt.

"Kara?" he said, standing by the doorframe, "don't cry darling,"

I choked out a sob, feeling he bed dip beside me and his soft lips on my cheek. He wiped my tears and loosely tied my hair into a bun.

"You don't need to worry, are you hot or cold?"

"Cold,"

He turned the tv on and went to Netflix, finding a show for background noise.

Then, he leant my body into his and covered my with the duvet, his hand making its way to my stomach.

"Don't,"

"It'll help, I promise,"

I whined as he put slight pressure on my stomach, rubbing circles on it despite my protest. After a few minutes, it did feel a lot better.

"You are really cold," he mumbled after a while, reaching beside the bed and pulling up a hoodie.

He sat me up and carefully slipping it over my head, regathering my hair and tying it up again.

"I think we should go downstairs and eat something, being down there might make you feel a bit better,"

"No," I said, grabbing his hand and resting it on my stomach.

"We need to give it a bit of a break, come on,"

He took my hands and helped me downstairs, taking it at my pace until we'd reached the bottom.

"You still look beautiful," he smiled, "Do you want some tea? Tea and biscuits? Tea and biscuits," he said to himself, reaching into the kitchen cupboards. I smiled a little, watching him boil the kettle and find the biscuits.

"Not too many,"

"I know, but you need to eat,"

"I'm going to the sofa,"

He nodded and got out a mug while I went to the sofa, grabbing the cover and wrapping it round myself. I didn't want the tv on, so I sat and waited.

"You look so small,"

"You're just tall,"

"Try these, then after a little bit I can run your tummy again,"

"Okay, I said it once Luke,"

"But it was cute,"

I took the mug from him and chose a biscuit, leaning on his side and lazily eating.

"Does it taste alright?"

"You need to stop worrying,"

"I can't, you're sick and I love you," he pouted, kissing my cheek.

"Well I love you too,"

**
@KaraCurtislove