Dentist (imagine for moonegirl)

You look in the mirror, your cheek starting to look swollen. It only took three months of agony to get here.

But there was no way you'd tell the boys. Your best friends. Because no matter how much you loved each other, that dentist chair was out of the picture.

They were convinced you saw a different dentist, a childhood one, when in reality you hadn't been for a few years.

And it was all going well until this damn tooth.

After taking more painkillers, you left the bathroom and went downstairs to where they were all watching the film. It was actually the flat you and Ashton shared, but everyone might as well live there.

"You almost missed the pizza," Luke smiled, sharing his cover with you.

"I'm not hungry,"

"You've not eaten today," Calum hummed, youR stomach rumbling, "and you are hungry. The pizza isn't gonna do you any harm,"

"Well actually,"

Michael playfully hit you round the head as you took a slice, leaning into Luke so that they wouldn't see you struggling to eat.

"Are you all staying over?"

"Well you have two couches and Ashton's bed, so yes," Calum grinned, "it'd me but easier to eat if you were sat up,"

"And comfy,"

"I'm okay,"

"I'm not," Luke grumbled, pushing you off him and putting everyone's attention onto you.

"Luke you made her cheek swollen!" Michael said, Ashton furrowing his eyebrows.

"Her cheek isn't usually that big?"

"No... we saw her a couple of weeks ago and it was normal,"

"Hm," he mumbled, "Okay,"

Your cheeks burnt red and you pretended nothing was wrong, Luke the only one oblivious. Technically, you should've told him, because he was your best friend. They all were, but like had introduced you to the guys.

He was just assuming nothing was wrong.

"Damn he must've really hurt you, you're very hard shouldered Luke," Calum teased, but the sense of tension in his voice gave away his act.

"Open your mouth," Ashton told you, "and show Luke,"

"I'm good thanks?" you laughed, putting the pizza down.

"Then come to our office and we can check there,"

"It's too late,"

"No it's not," he said, grabbing the keys, "choose who you want,"

"You and Luke," you grumbled, feeling Luke place a soft kiss on your head.

"Ash and I will set off now to scrub up, go and brush your teeth then come with Cal and Michael,"

You groaned and stormed to the bathroom, slamming the door shut and falling to the floor. This wasn't the night you had planned.

"Hey, it's okay," Michael said, helping you to your feet and hugging you, "at least we know now and not months down the line,"

You brushed your teeth and left with Calum and Michael, wearing one of Ash's hoodies so your hands were busy.

Your stomach was plummeting, swirling around and threatening to throw up the pizza you just ate. It was like your ears were ringing, and everything seemed more hot and stuffy.

Luke and Ashton waited in an exam room in their scrubs, sending you for an x-ray before making you sit on the chair.

They weren't messing about.

"Okay, let me just update- hold up," Ashton said, "you've not been to the dentist for three years?"

You could feel their eyes burning into you, Luke rolling to be beside you.

"That's not true,"

"Yes it is," you whispered, his fist clenching slightly.

"Okay, book her in with us one day, it'll have to be a long appointment for the cleaning," Calum said, his voice dripping with poison.

Everyone in the room had changed. It stung.

"Well that would explain this," Luke muttered, turning the computer, "so how long has this been there?"

"I don't know,"

"Bull," Michael snapped, "and you have two other cavities,"

"Well, lets focus on them another day, I don't want to hear any complaining from you," Ashton instructed, putting on your bib and holding your chest while the chair laid down.

"Guys," you begged, "I'm sorry okay?"

Luke was the first- and only- one to soften, gently holding your hand.

"Please be careful, and don't make me come back,"

"You will be coming back," Calum said sternly, "and Luke will do the job he needs to do,"

"Stop going at me!" you broke, a tears starting to fall, "I'm scared, so I didn't want to come. I've known Luke my whole life but him sat here is terrifying me. I could be sick right now. Please, just keep the comments to yourself. I know I should've come, but I didn't and we can't change that now,"

Ashton took a deep breath and nodded, squeezing your shoulder.

"We just care, because it could've been so much easier if you came early,"

"I'm sorry," Michael sighed, holding your hand, "Let Luke have a look ay?"

Calum wiped your tears and you opened my mouth, Luke shushing you as you tried to move away.

"Okay, close your eyes,"

"No Luke,"

"Come on,"

You did as he said, Michael rubbing your hand as he gave you the shot. Ashton held your shoulder and Calum kept your legs still.

"That was so good," Luke assured, gently rubbing my cheek. You couldn't help but start crying, the four of them trying their best to make you feel better.

"Let's get this over with okay?" Ashton said, "take deep breaths,"

Luke grabbed his drill and started drilling he tooth, Calum not letting me move at all.

"It's okay, you're okay,"

"Stay still sweetheart,"

"You're doing great,"

You shut your mouth as Luke started to file the tooth, gently tapping your cheek and humming.

"Come on, I'm almost done,"

"Luke,"

"I know, five more minutes,"

He finished the job and sat you up, letting you rest in his arms.

"Just tell us next time, and let us give you checkups,"

"It's scary,"

"I know, but we're your best friends, I wouldn't be too scared of us,"