Doctor (imagine for formula09)

One.

Two.

Three.

Three steps. That's it. That's all I could do.

And everyone acted like it was some miraculous moment.

"That was amazing," Calum congratulated, Michael giving me two thumbs up. Ashton stayed pretty quiet, and Luke sat behind where I was, on the floor. He lifted my limp body onto his lap, wrapping his arms round me and kissing my head.

"I'm so proud of you, no matter what you think,"

"Don't,"

"Mia, you've done so well. Three steps is a lot after everything that happened,"

"But I've ruined everything for us,"

He shushed me as I started crying, moving me to a more comfortable position and holding my head to his chest.

"You've not. I hate leaving you here and you know that, but this time next year you'll be walking next to me on the beach or to the shops or with petunia,"

"I miss her,"

"She misses you too," he chuckled.

"We're all proud of you," Ashton said.

Luke kissed my cheek, cupping it in his hand as I rested against his chest.

I could feel his heart beating, and his chest moving up and down, and I remembered that mine did that for him.

I couldn't do this without him.

"I should've just listened to you, and," - "Mia, it's okay,"

"I feel so pathetic,"

"You're not pathetic," Calum said, sitting behind me and helping to keep me up.

I shook my head and looked down at my legs.

It was a day where my cravings were bad, and we only had normal cookies, not chocolate chip cookies so despite Luke saying he would make some I drove to the shop.

Only, on the way back, a truck lopsided and I ended up losing all the feeling in my legs. I was now in a rehab centre, where I was gaining strength, but it was slow.

And I felt so useless; Luke had to look after me. On top of all the stress he had, I was restricted to my room and bed. I felt so miserable, and like I was dragging him down.

Carefully, him and Ashton helped me into a wheelchair, the three of them leaving to get in the car.

"Call me whenever okay?" Michael said, squeezing my hand.

"If you're feeling down, and Luke is stuck at work, I'll come in," Calum said.

"And I'll come soon too," Ashton said, "we are honestly so proud,"

"I love you guys," I whispered, wiping my tears.

Luke took me back to my room, lifting me onto my bed and climbing in beside me. It was a nice room, and I'd decorated it too because I was only here to get me back on my feet.

Being at home wasn't really an option, but the people here were nice and I had be remember I was lucky.

He ran his fingers through my hair, the other arm wrapped round my waist.

"It really is step by step. I know it's frustrating you but it's not holding me back. I miss you at home, but don't think you're causing me pain because I know you're safe and I know I can visit. When I can work from home, I'll even stay overnight,"

"Are you today?"

"It's Saturday, so of course. I love you Mia,"

"Are you scared?"

"Are you?"

"A bit,"

"Don't be, you can get better. Even if it takes longer than expected, you can't give up,"

"I might,"

"No Mia, you have me. You have your friends and family. No matter what you do, you can't give up,"

**
@formula09