Doctor (alibrooke28)

"Ali, can I catch you for a sec," Luke said, pulling my arm so I ended up back downstairs. All the guys were sat in the living room before work, so I'd gone upstairs instead.

"Why?"

"Anything you want to tell me?"

"No," I said, watching his face change, "yes?"

"Well I couldn't help but snoop in your medical files yesterday,"

"You could've helped yourself, but go on," I snapped- I'd been caught out.

"There's no Dr Lockland,"

"Can't think why,"

"I think I can," he said sternly, "So you're coming with me to work,"

"If you think I'm doing that,"- "I'm not messing about. Get in the car,"

"Luke, you can't be serious,"

"Do I look like I'm joking to you?" he said, raising his voice. The other three dropped silent, Calum coming through.

"Come on, otherwise you'll make us late,"

"I don't want to go,"

"Well tough. I'm your brother and I care about you,"

He took hold of my wrist- tightly- and took my outside to the car. Him and I in his, the others in Michael's.

"How long did you expect to get away with this?"

"It's not that big of a deal Luke,"

"It's is though, Ali, because you've missed so much. There could be so much wrong,"

"Well I think we'd know,"

"Just shut up. I'm the doctor here,"

His jaw was clenched, his hands tightly holding onto the steering wheel. I'd never wanted him to be so mad, or even find out, and it upset me.

Luke never got mad at me.

When we arrived, I followed them all inside and sat on the exam bed, Michael sitting beside me.

Luke put gloves on and the other two sat down.

"You're gonna do what I say,"

"Ash?" I mumbled.

"He's right,"

"You should've come," Calum sighed, "You seriously should've come,"

"Why are you all against me?" I said, starting to get tearful. They were never like this.

Michael shushed me, taking one of my hands as Luke put the stethoscope on my chest.

"Deep breaths,"

"Luke,"

"Deep breaths,"

"Luke," Michael mumbled, "lay off a little,"

"I'm just doing my job. Stand against the wall,"

"Ali, it's okay," Ashton said, Luke measuring my height. I felt a tear slip down my face, Luke changing instantly.

He kissed my cheek, taking my weight and getting me to sit back down.

"I'm just gonna feel round you're neck,"

"Calum," I called, knowing Ash has to do bloodwork. He took my hand and sat the other side of me, rubbing small circles into it.

"Open up for me,"

He shone a light in my mouth, quickly adding a tip and checking my ears. Then, he grabbed a blood pressure cup round my arm and waited.

"I want to go home,"

"Almost," Calum said, sitting me back and grabbing Ashton what he needed. Michael stayed by my legs and Calum sat with Luke.

"Alright," Ashton said, tying my arm, "you've eaten today right?"

"Yes,"

"Good, look at Michael,"

I felt him find a vein, the sharp needle going in. I winced, trying not to watch the blood come out.

"I don't feel too good,"

"You'll be okay," Luke said, "we can go home,"

"Can you drop me off at mum's ?"

"Why?"

"Because you're just being angry,"

"No, I'm having the day off. Me and you will go home. I'm not angry, I'm just concerned, and want to look after you,"

Ash finished the blood test and I yawned, stumbling over as I stood up. Luke signed himself out and kept his arm round me, putting me in the car to take us home.

"You're being put down as Michael's patient now,"

"Don't talk to me,"

"Ali, I just want to help, and keep you safe,"