Chapter Two

"It is about time that I leave this world. I already left it mentally. Now, I will leave it physically."

Ash was standing inches away from the double doors of the airport. She could feel her palms sweating like crazy and her heart beating rapidly, and those were caused by her anxiety. She had problems almost every day with anxiety because of writing a ton. People, from her family to her friends, would suggest to her to take a break from her writing, but she could not do that. She loved writing. Besides, her anxiety was not that much of a problem if she did two things. Stay calm...

...and stay clear of real worlders. Well, real worlders who hate the Lord and fictional characters. Her true friends believe what she believed.

The writer was hesitant in entering the building, but not because she was rethinking her decision to leave town.

She pulled her cellphone out of the pocket of her pants and dialed a number. She held up the phone to her ear.

"Hello? Lean? Of course, I am coming to Forlot. What is taking me so long? Well...I am just outside of the airport, and I know that I am an adult, but...there so many real worlders inside the airport. So many that are entering and exiting the building. I do not want to socialize with any of them." She let out a heavy sigh. "I know that this will be the last time that I see and deal with them. I just...I want you here. With me. To help me out. After all, you are one of my best friends who is fictional. Please? And bring Caleb along." A squeal escaped from her mouth. "Thank you!"

She hung up and put her phone in sleep mode. Then she tucked it back in her pocket and stepped inside. She was breathing hard, and her entire body was shaking. She was nervous because the last thing that she wanted to do was communicate with people, with the exception of fictional characters and her true friends.

"I would rather be alone," Ash mumbled. She was, of course, an anti-social person.

After passing security successfully, Ash was in line and waiting for a ticket. There was neither a ticket booth nor plane that was for Forlot, and that was because the town of Forlot - her Forlot - was fictional. But it was real to her, and she would be there no matter what.

Minutes later, two unique characters entered the airport and searched all over for their writer. There was not a single real worlder that could see or hear them. The only way that a real worlder would be able to see a fictional character was for them to believe that all things fictional are real. Then again, they would not be real worlders if they believed.

The characters soon spotted her, and one of them floated up to her and gave her a gentle tap on the shoulder.

Ash jumped a little and prayed that it was not a real worlder who tapped her shoulder. She spun around and gasped.

"Lean!" She hugged her creation and could feel tears coming on. "Lean."

Lean giggled softly and hugged her back. "Hello again, Ashley."

Ashley is the writer's real and full name. The reason that she shortened it to Ash is because she got sick and tired of people calling her Ashley. Ash sounds way cooler.

Seeing that the people who were near the writer were unable to see or hear Lean Share, they assumed that Ash was out of her mind. But they had no idea that she was Ash J. because of the disguise.

An older man who was behind her in line said, "Are you ill?"

Lean let go of her best friend and raised a fist. "You are the one who is ill," she said angrily. "I ought to slug you!"

"Lean, I can handle this," Ash told her, trying to reassure her. "Besides, he will not feel your punch."

The man crossed his arms. "Who the heck are you talking to?"

"A friend."

"So an imaginary friend."

The writer's eyes widened, and her mouth dropped open. She was not at all surprised that he called her friend that. She was just pretending to be over dramatic.

"I find that highly offensive!"

The man narrowed his eyebrows at her. "You are offended by what I stated? Jeez. You are such a snowflake."

She rolled her eyes. "I was being sarcastic. Why would I desire to act like every person in this world?"

"Ooh!" Lean covered her ghostly mouth, and then quickly uncovered it. "Savage!"

"Next in line!" a younger woman behind the desk announced. She was handing out tickets.

Ash looked in front of her and saw that nobody was before her. She was next.

"Finally!" She scurried up to the desk. "H-hello."

She was one ticket away from boarding the plane. One plane away from Forlot.

"And where are you flying to today?" the woman asked.

Rude! She did not greet our writer with a friendly hello.

"To Forlot," Ash requested.

The woman raised an eyebrow. "Pardon me?"

"Forlot. I am heading to the town of Forlot."

"Forlot? I have heard of no such town. Are you mistaking it for another town?"

"No. It is Forlot. My Forlot."

She seemed annoyed of the writer. "You must be crazy or something because that town does not exist. Trust me on that. I know all towns and states in this country." Then she groaned and rubbed her forehead. "Oh...gosh...my head..." The headache disappeared as fast as it had appeared, and she picked up a ticket and handed it to her. "My apologies. Forlot does exist."

Ash walked away from the desk and examined the ticket. It said:

"DESTINATION: FORLOT."

She noticed Caleb, who was by her, and smirked.

"Did you use one of your inventions on her?"

Caleb blushed. "Maybe..."