Chapter Eight

What? That button, that tiny button, would be able to wipe out everything that was nonfiction? She could not be serious.

I stared at Ash, searching for an answer from her, and could tell by the look on her face that she was not kidding.

I opened my mouth, but no sound came out. I honesty had no stinkin' clue how to respond or react to what she admitted.

"I know, I know," Ash said. "The six of you have no clue how to respond or react to my statement."

Hey! I just said that.

"Why...why would you think of a button that would get rid of real things?" Billy spoke up.

Our writer blushed, feeling embarrassed. "I am sorry. I really am. I did not mean to create a button like that. It was an accident."

"An accident? How so?" Jenny questioned, putting her hands on her hips. "Not that I do not trust you."

"I...had a very bad day. Two years ago."

Jane's face saddened. "You poor thing. What happened?"

"What else? Every horrible event was caused by one or more real worlders."

Jenny muttered, "The real worlders strike again."

Ash was holding back tears. "I am disappointed and frustrated at those real worlders. In that day alone, there were two school shootings, leaving over ten people dead. People who are snowflakes got offended by little things that they should not be offended over! And they banned Lubriems because I support them. Jeez!"

We did not need to ask her what the term "Lubriem" means. Though, you readers need a recap on what makes a Lubriem.

A Lubriem is a person from the real world who believes that all fictional characters exist and loves them. Lubriems also believe in and love the Lord and His Son. You can usually tell if somebody is a Lubriem by knowing the following:

- They have no interest in famous real worlders.

- They put fictional characters - except the Lord - above all else.

- They do not desire being in a relationship with a real worlder.

- They do not desire having children who are real worlders.

- They have no interest in school.

- They prefer to shut themselves out.

There are plenty of more signs, but these are the basics. And no, our writer is not a Lubriem. However, she wish that she was.

Ash ran her hands through her hair a couple of times. "I will spare you guys the details," she said. "Anyway, I was so angry at real worlders that I could not look at any of their faces no matter who or how good they were. They were still real worlders."

I felt bad for her. She always wishes that she was alone, with the exception of her true friends.

"I kept telling myself that I only wanted fictional characters and myself to be here. No real worlders. So out of anger and frustration, I created this button to make that possible." She sighed heavily. "Right after creating it, my anger died down, and I realized how stupid it was of me to make something like that." She stared at the shiny, red button. "I could not destroy the real worlders. I would never forgive myself. So I tried to get rid of the button. I really did. But...it was impossible."

"How come it would not go away?" Sue wondered.

"Surprisingly, I do not exactly know. I am still trying to figure it out."

I tilted my head to the side. "Any traces?"

"...not yet." She motioned to the hall. "We had better get going. The leaders are waiting patiently for me." She strolled to the other side of the building, and we followed.

The gang and I learned something new and interesting today.

The door was already open to the other room, so we walked in.

This room was huge and the place to hold meetings and other occasions. The floor was red and black, and the walls were pure white.

We were at the end of the room where the rows of chairs were and walked down the aisle that separated the chairs. Soon, we reached two separate desks that were on either side. Both of the desks had lamps and papers on them, and there were two people sitting at the desk to the right.

The leaders sat at a bigger and taller desk that was at the other end of the room. They were gathering papers and spotted us.

"Hello, our amazing writer," Scott greeted. "How are you?"

"Good," Ash replied. "Hanging in there."

"You called us this morning for a special meeting," Elliott stated.

She nodded. "Yes. I did."

"What would you like to discuss today?" Ian said.

"How about going home?" a voice rasped.

Ash recognized that voice and slowly faced the person. "I saw you when I first came in...George Parks."

George and his girlfriend Barbara Bake were the ones who were sitting at the desk that was on the right. George had strands of grey and white hair and was wearing a grey suit and grey pants with black shoes. Barbara was younger than her boyfriend. She had curly, black hair and a few wrinkles on her face. She wore a black, long-sleeved shirt and a black skirt with black heels.

George straightened his red tie and grinned. "Hi again, Ash," he said. "I believe that we should talk like rational people."

"About me returning to the real world?"

"Yes." He clasped his hands together. "You know that it is for the best. It is your home."

She growled. "It is not my home! I cannot recognize it!"

"You have not been there for a while."

"Shut up! I know what your real plan is. You want me to leave so that you can wipe out fictional things in the real world and Forlot. You want to brainwash me. But that will never happen..." She glanced back up at the leaders. "...because I lost my faith in humanity."