Chapter Nine

George facepalmed. "Seriously? You lost your faith in humanity? Is that the best that you can do?"

Joe was reviewing what was written on a piece of paper and lowered the paper. "Ash," he said, gazing at her. "You never mentioned that to us. You never mentioned that you lost your faith in humanity."

"She did not admit that to me or my gang either," I jumped in.

"I did not want you guys to worry about me," Ash remarked. "Honestly, I am not ashamed, and I am certainly not going to lie how I actually feel."

I stared at her, examining her movements. "How long how you felt like this? I mean...I know that you had problems dealing with the real worlders. You still do. But...you lost your faith in them?"

She brushed back a strand of my hair that was covering one of my eyes. "Completely. I still have faith in the Lord, but definitely not the real worlders. And I have felt like that for a long time."

"I do not blame you, Ash," Jenny stated, trying to make our writer feel better. "I lost faith in them when you first thought of me."

Sue played with a piece of her hair. "Why have you lost your faith in humanity?"

"I am self-aware at what society has done to them. They all hate me. Except for my true friends. Other than that, they want me gone. The bad people hate me because I am good, and the good people hate me because I am nothing like them. And both groups hate me because I care for the Lord and love fictional characters. Nobody is on my side."

"Whose side are you on?" Tank asked.

"I am on my side. I stand for both the Lord and fictional characters. As for the real worlders...they are the reason that I asked to hold this important meeting. You see...I have been thinking about this decision for quite a while now. Things in the real world have not gotten any better. The real worlders will never learn."

"Before you go on, miss, have a seat at the empty desk," Elliott insisted.

Our writer nodded and sat at the desk that was on the left. "Thank you. As I was saying, the real worlders are testing my patience, and I...I have had it with them. Which is why I...I..."

"You are coming home?" George guessed.

"...I want be shut out from the real world."

George cried out in frustration. "Oh, come on!"

Elliott was puzzled. "Shut out? Shut out from the real world?"

"That is what I said, yes."

Scott chuckled. Chuckled nervously. "Look...I know that you have had difficulty with these people, but...you have no choice but to unfortunately live in the real world in real life."

"I am aware of that."

"What if you need help? From the police or doctors and nurses? What if they decide to not help you because of what you believe?"

"I took into consideration the backlash when deciding whether or not to be separated from the real worlders."

Tank fiddled with some papers. "And what have you come up with?"

"That this will be a test. If certain real worlders are truly filled with God and goodness, then there will be no problem in helping me."

Joe's eyes widened. "And if they do not?"

"Then I have been right all along."

Ian rested his head on top of his hands. "And that is a risk that you are willing to take? Even if they hate you more?"

"This will be to prove my point. Think of it as an experiment. And frankly, the more that they despise me, the less that I have to be concerned for them."

The leaders looked at one another, and then back at her.

"You are our writer," Scott said. "You make the laws. You make the calls. Speaking of which, the five of us took into account that every single person in Forlot does not like American Starless and Mary Totter. Should we ban both?"

"Go right ahead. Majority rules."

He picked up a pen and signed on some papers, officially creating two new bans.

Barbara stood up from her seat. "This is absurd! Absolutely absurd!" she commented. "Ash needs to be at home where she belongs. Her family misses her."

The five leaders glared at her.

"Would you like to make your claim into a case?" Scott asked.

"Wait. My girlfriend and I can claim what we have been trying to prove in the last year?" George said.

"If you would like to, yes. However, we all know that Ash will win."

George snickered. "Not if I have anything to say about it." He sat back down, and Barbara did the same.

Cassandra and Kathy came over to Ash. Cassandra had long, blonde hair and was wearing a purple and dark blue, long-sleeved shirt and purple and dark blue pants with purple shoes. Kathy had long, black hair and was wearing the same clothes.

"Would you like your best lawyers for this case?" Cassandra asked.

"My only lawyers," our writer said, smiling. "Bring in Linda Perkins and Lisa Maid."

Cassandra and Kathy left the room and soon returned with two people.

Linda had her brown hair tied back in a bun and wore glasses. She wore a brown, long-sleeved shirt and a brown skirt with black heels. Lisa also had her black hair tied in a bun and wore clothes that were identical to her friend Linda's.

"Hello, our fantastic writer," Lisa greeted. "Who will we be representing today?"

Ash stood and hugged them. "Linda, you will be representing me, and Lisa, you will be representing George Parks. But before this case can begin, I need to get a drink of water. Be right back."

She exited and disappeared down the hall.

About five minutes later, there was a loud explosion.