Chapter Ten

Libby had led Margie, Nigel, Hansel, Gretel, Jorgie, and Eleanor into the room with the button that could potentially doom the real world. She stood in the doorway and had her hands hiding behind her back as the main characters strolled around. Her eyes shifted from person to person. Eleanor. Then Nigel. Then Hansel. Then Gretel. Then Margie. And finally Jorgie.

"Jorgie," Libby said, taking a step into the room. "I want to congratulate you for being elected to be a princess."

Jorgie slightly moved her head towards Libby's voice. Her Tenomeya remained a pain in the drain, however, it was not as bad as before. Every day, she would have different problems. Today, she was only blind and had poor memory.

"Thank...you," Jorgie slowly replied. "What is a princess again?"

"Princesses are much different here in Forlot. They are girls who have fought through difficult things. The leaders decided right after our writer finished your book that you would be the next princess."

"Huh. Me. A princess. Princess Jorgie."

Hansel was standing close by the table where the button was, his eyes glistening with excitement. "What does this button do?"

Libby frowned and gripped both of his wrists. She gently pushed him back and said, "Do not press that button. It will end them."

He pouted and jerked away. "Them? Who are them?"

She hesitated before speaking. "I guess that you should know the truth. The truth about our writer."

"You mean Ash J.?" Gretel said.

"That is her. And I am aware that you four - Margie, Nigel, Hansel, and Gretel - have been aquatinted with her, right?"

"Yes," Nigel answered. "It was when we were trapped underground. She helped us escape."

"And I suppose that the six of you have questions. Some regarding Ash, and others regarding as to what the crub is going on in this weird town."

"Would it be a surprise that I do not?" Margie asked in a high-pitched voice. She was a bit unsure of herself, but tried to pass off that feeling.

Libby adjusted her glasses. "Do not what? Have questions?"

"Yes."

The young scientist seemed shocked. "S-seriously? Even after you met your writer? Your own writer who thought of you and wrote this book series?"

"She answered all my questions."

Libby crossed her arms and rolled her eyes. "What if I told you that we are fictional characters? And the fact that Forlot is a fictional town?"

Eleanor could not help but laugh. She thought that it was ridiculous.

"I assume that your hard laughing defines that you are not taking this to a serious point."

Eleanor snorted. "Why should I? It does not sound right!"

"Says the girl who was told that she was a clone."

It was her turn to frown. "I did not believe that and still do not. I am real. A real being."

"You are correct about that. The fact that you are real. But you are fictional. The term 'fictional' really means 'real.' They lied."

"Who lied?!" Hansel demanded a clear answer.

Libby took a deep breath and let it out slowly. "The real worlders," she said just above a whisper. "They hate us from the core of their hearts."

Margie's face went pale. "Why...why would anybody hate us? We are awesome!"

"Easy. We are fictional. Therefore, we are better than real worlders." She pushed up her glasses. "But I bet that you cannot guess who they hate more."

Nigel's legs were quivering. "W-who?"

"Our writer. Ash J. They have despised her from the day that it happened. From the moment that she chose fictional characters over real worlders."

The main characters became stunned.

"I-I do not understand," Jorgie confessed.

"Me neither," Gretel also admitted. "I mean...why would she choose a side? She was very kind to me, my brother, Margie, and Nigel."

"There are some - no, lots - of things that you do not know about Ash J. She is not normal. She is beyond that." She slowly strolled around the room. "She does not act like a real worlder should. She is not boring. She does not shove her beliefs down people's throats or use fictional characters for her bidding. You know what she is?" She stopped in her tracks. "She is a blessing. A blessing for all fictional characters alike. It was bound time for someone from the real world to stand up for us."

"But...she cannot be the only one who truly loves us," Margie said.

"Well, she did not ruin fictional characters. She did not lie to us about the fact that we are fictional. She actually cares for us. She does not ship us with other fictional characters without our consent. And to top it off, all of us, her fictional characters, are straight. The boys love girls and only girls, and the girls love boys and only boys. And if any real worlder is offended by that, then too bad. You cannot always get your way."

Libby clapped and motioned for the group to follow her.

"Where are we going now?" Gretel asked.

The scientist smirked. "I am going to show you just how wonderful and brave Ash is."

She exited the room, and the main characters followed right behind. The small room with the button was empty once again.

That is, until someone came in.