Airport

Your POV

I walked into the clean, white airport with bustling people all around me. I saw Dan and Phil sitting on a red sofa a little ways away from the door.

"Hey guys," I said as I walked up to them. They both looked up from their phones. Dan stood up and I gave him a peck on the lips.

Phil and Bella knew about us, but we hadn't told the world yet. "We should go, the line for security is kinda long," Bella said.

We walked to security, and waited in line. I intertwined my hand with Dan's. We moved up a little in the line when I heard someone from behind me say, "Oh my gosh! It's Dan and Phil!"

I smiled sadly as Dan let go of my hand to turn around and meet his fan. This was going to be difficult.

After about half and hour we finally got through security. Luckily, our gate was close by. We stopped to get some Starbucks, and sat in the seats at our gate.

Dan and I, again, intertwined our hands. "You have your passport?" I asked Dan. "Mhm," he responded.

Our gate was called that we were boarding soon. We all got up and gathered our things.

When we got on the plane, we put our carry-ons in the overhead bin, and sat down. There were two seats on each side, so Dan and I sat together, and on the side of us, Phil and Bella.

I never liked flying. It was always a gamble, especially when flying over water. We hit some turbulence and I tightened my grip on Dan's hand.

He rubbed circles on the back of my hand to calm me down. "Don't you remember my advice for getting over a fear of flying?" He asked, smiling. "Yeah," I said, giggling. "Get sloshed when they have free drink right?" He laughed and nodded. "I'm so proud you know that reference." He said. "What can I say, I'm Dan trash #1," I said laughing at his eye roll.

We eventually got past that rain cloud, and had a mostly nice rest of the flight.

Dan and I joked about a lot of things. We laughed and laughed. At one point, I looked over to Phil and Bella and they were kissing.

I turned back to Dan, smiling when he asked, "What's up?" I gestured my head to Phil and Bella. "Your friend is making out with my friend."

He laughed as he looked over at them. "I don't have a problem with it. Do you?" He asked me. "No. Phil's a great guy and I know he wouldn't hurt her."

Dan smiled at my response. I smiled back. I put my head on his shoulder, drifting off to sleep at the sound of the plane's engine, and his quiet breathing.

John 15:7

Thanks for reading; have a blessed day💖