Trapped

Y/n POV

It was my turn to stay with Dan. Many tears had been shed over my stays. But not as much as this stay. I just couldn't shake the feeling that he wasn't going to get better. I always talked to Dan, but it was mostly jokes or reading the news or something.

This time was different. I just kept telling him how much I loved him, not even sure if he could hear me. "Dan," I told the unconscious man, "you have to make it out of this, okay?"

I decided to talk about all the memories we shared, maybe it would cheer me up a bit. "Remember when we stayed up past 4:00 AM playing games and talking? That was the first time we really got to know each other." I smiled at the memory.

"Dan, for the first time in my life I didn't have to try to be happy. When I was with you, it just happened."

Dan POV

I could hear everything she said. Everything everyone said. The doctors, Phil, Y/n. I couldn't move no matter how hard I tried. I was trapped inside my own body, fighting like hell to get back to her. My soulmate.

I just wanted to get back to her so badly, but from what I heard, I wasn't going to make it. I had to. I had to get back to them. To Y/n. I wasn't going to give up on her.

"Dan, for the first time in my life I didn't have to try to be happy. When I was with you, it just happened." I wanted to hug her, say I'd never leave her ever again and that I was sorry that I left her these past couple weeks.

I wanted to tell her I felt the same way, that when I was with her I could smile without forcing it. I was happy without trying. Only her and Phil have been able to make me feel that way.

I wanted to jump up and kiss her, tell her she's my soulmate, that I love her too, but I can't move. I'm trapped.

Y/n POV

I grabbed his hand. "I don't even know if you can hear me," I told him. I kissed his lips softly. I'd done that so many many time the past couple weeks, and his eyes always fluttered. This time, though, they did more.

They opened.

There's a chance that there will be an a/n updated later today, but I hope it isn't. Im updating all my books today, hoping they aren't the last chapters for the next few weeks. I will probably post a a/n explaining all this in the near future if there isn't an a/n later today, but..for now at least...

thanks for reading; bye💖