Awake

Dan POV

My eyes slowly fluttered opened, and I looked around the room. My eyes landed on her. Y/n.

It was clear she had been crying a lot, and she looked exhausted. My breathing quickened as I stared into her beautiful e/c eyes. I missed her so much.

I noticed that there was this thing in my mouth and down my throat, hooked up to a machine. It was breathing for me. I must've been really close to dying.

I moved my hand to motion for her to get the doctor to take out the tube. She nodded and pressed a button on the wall. A doctor came rushing in and checked all my machines, and finally pulled out the tube.

"Slow breaths," he said as he pulled the tube away. I nodded and slowed my breathing. Y/n never looked away from me as they did all this.

The doctors and nurses slowly filed out of the room, leaving just Y/n and I. I slowly sat up and she loved the pillow to help me.

I smiled at her before finally speaking, "I missed you, Y/n." Tears fell from her eyes as she leaned in and kissed me passionately.

All of a sudden, memories flashed before my eyes. When we first met, our first kiss, us laughing and having fun. Music played in the background. I listened closely, trying to figure out what song it was.

It was A Million Dreams. It was our song.

The memories faded as we pulled away, opening our eyes. "What was that?" she mumbled. "I don't know," I responded. "Y/n-" I started.

"I know," she said, "I know we're soulmates." I smiled, "That's not what I was going to say." She looked at me, puzzled. "I love you," I told her seriously, "I wanted you to hear it and know I meant it. It wasn't just something I said when I thought-"

She stopped me my kissing me softly. "I love you too," she said as she pulled away. I smiled.

"Where's Phil?" I asked. "I'll call him," she said. She stepped to the back of the room smiling widely. "Phil come to the hospital, something happened," she said in a rushed, scared-like tone.

I laughed. Phil bursted through the door about 6 minutes later. His eyes grew very wide as he ran to me and tackled me in a hug. His tears fell on my shirt as I smiled, "I missed you too, Phil."

"I'm just so glad you're awake."

So was I, Phil. So was I.

John 15:13