Hope, Faith, Strength

Y/n POV

"Pulling that knife out probably did more damage then the stab itself."

We were in the hospital, I was staring at Dan lying down on the clean, stiff sheets.

When the doctor said this I turned to him. "What did you say?" I asked, my voice shaking. "Pulling out the knife caused several arteries and major organs to be greatly damaged," the doctor explained.

I broke down in sobs. My knees buckled and I fell to the ground. My whole world crumbled. Dan could die because I pulled that knife out.

The doctor left and Phil knelt next to me. "Y/n none of this is your fault," he reassured. "Phil he could die because of my stupid actions! Because I thought I was helping him!" I yelled through my sobs.

"Y/n, he's going to be okay," he said, a few tears falling from his own eyes. "He has to be," he finished.

Phil helped me up and brought me to the chair on the side of the bed. I took Dan's hand in mine and stood to whisper in his ear.

"You have to make it out of this. A million dreams for the world were gonna make right?" I smiled sadly as I placed a small kiss on his lips.

The monitor started to beep and a bunch of nurses and doctors came rushing in. Phil pulled me to the corner of the room and we watched as they fiddled with Dan.

The doctor finally turned to me and said, "He's slipped into a coma," in a somewhat surprised tone. I gasped and turned into Phil's chest, sobbing once again. He just held me and thanked the doctor.

"He will come out of the coma Y/n," Phil whispered to me. "What are you basing that on?" I asked. "Hope," he answered.

"I'm not giving up on him," Phil explained, "and I know you won't either." I nodded, "You're right, Phil. He's gonna make it out of this." He's gonna survive. He's gonna be okay.

He took my hand and we sat on the side of Dan for about another hour, just sharing memories and laughing.

Phil and I were growing close. Not in a romantic way, but, more of in a sibling kind of way. He was really sweet and super protective. He had faith that Dan would come out of this, so I believed him. I had faith.

I just hoped that Dan had the strength.

Proverbs 21:3